The who have Top Gear insulted this week thread

LindenChase

The boys are back! The first complaints have been filed!

The boys have gone off with a great start, having offended both the Scout Association and the Catholic Church in the first episode!

Link to Daily Star

Simon Carter from the Scout Association described the jibe as ?tasteless? and said: ?We have had dozens of calls and emails this morning from Scout members not happy at all.

"We have decided to make a formal complaint to the BBC in conjunction with the Catholic Church."

I'm a Boy Scout myself, and I can't care less :p

I think it's funny too, since Top Gear is meant to be offensive at times, like Clarkson.

Incredible! Not a single complaint from eco-mentalists about Jeremy driving over some lovely buttercups.

:p

*scratches head*

Don't care about what they said or don't care about 'what goes on at scout camp'?

why cant all these people get it into their heads that this is a joke? i think the only people who have the right to complain are eco-mentalists, because their cause for being outraged is done on purpose and not as a joke.

why cant all these people get it into their heads that this is a joke? i think the only people who have the right to complain are eco-mentalists, because their cause for being outraged is done on purpose and not as a joke.

Nothing better to do than whinge?

Unfortunately, Top Gear is a victim of its own success. Whenever a truly successful show/movie comes out, you know that there will always be a bunch of little nazi's sitting on their plastic-covered sofas with pen and paper in hand just waiting to write down every single thing they find offensive, regardless of whether it is or not.

Some people just arent happy unless they are forcing their completely useless views on others.

Unfortunately, Top Gear is a victim of its own success. Whenever a truly successful show/movie comes out, you know that there will always be a bunch of little nazi's sitting on their plastic-covered sofas with pen and paper in hand just waiting to write down every single thing they find offensive, regardless of whether it is or not.

Some people just arent happy unless they are forcing their completely useless views on others.

you beat me to it. its true, it seems worse here in the states. i just hear or read, in the past few days, about someone who ordered a cup of coffee in Miami and it went something like this:

Waitress: what can i get for you?
Customer: ill have a coffee, black
waitress: ummm, sir, we dont call it that here. its called a coffee "regular" so please order it that way from now on.
Customer: well, i want a B-L-A-C-K COFFEE, not a "regular"
waitress: well sir, then im going to have to ask you to leave.

ect.........

is it so bad that we cant even ask for black coffee? just imagine the hate mail that family guy gets!

The boys are back! The first complaints have been filed!

The boys have gone off with a great start, having offended both the Scout Association and the Catholic Church in the first episode!

Not only in the first episode, but IIRC they managed to piss both off with one joke.

I think it's funny too, since Top Gear is meant to be offensive at times, like Clarkson.

same here only that i am a catholic church member

Where's the Picard facepalm picture when you need it?

I'm Catholic...was I offended reading the bit in question? Hell, no!

you beat me to it. its true, it seems worse here in the states. i just hear or read, in the past few days, about someone who ordered a cup of coffee in Miami and it went something like this:

Waitress: what can i get for you?
Customer: ill have a coffee, black
waitress: ummm, sir, we dont call it that here. its called a coffee "regular" so please order it that way from now on.
Customer: well, i want a B-L-A-C-K COFFEE, not a "regular"
waitress: well sir, then im going to have to ask you to leave.

ect.........

is it so bad that we cant even ask for black coffee? just imagine the hate mail that family guy gets!

You both are absolutely right. I think it's against freedom and individuality. I'll never understand people who want me to do something in their way even though my way is right, too. I was never offended by TG boys' jokes. They are just funny and that is how we should treat them.

any publicity is a good publicity =)

so all those "criticisms" are just giving top gear more publicity so MORE would watch them XD

Great idea for a Thread. :thumbup:
I have heard that the MMOC are to get another load of anguish sometime when another of the beloved Morris Marinas gets killed to death ?
just a rumour. :lol:

I was a scout and I laughed my a** off. My friend is a devoult Catholic, and he was watching next to me. He knows my history and cracked up too. When Jezza mentioned the Catholic bit, we both went nuts laughing even harder.

Unfortunetly people in the world have been babied and wussified. They just need to get some thick skin and stop being poofs. I was absolutely chuffed with the whole episode. As usual, I can't wait for this Sunday.