The who have Top Gear insulted this week thread

Sorry, Jedd, but Harry Enfield is on my list of people who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes. Along with that smug twat Ricky Gervais.

Sorry, Jedd, but Harry Enfield is on my list of people who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes. Along with that smug twat Ricky Gervais.

i'm not going to argue that too much. not a big Harry Enfield fan and i hate Ricky Gervais. Don't see how he's so popular and funny when he doesn't actually do anything. plus you don't speak to Tony Stark like he did last week at the golden globes.

i know comedy is universal and each one is a acquired taste. but as for Gervais i will not only supply the guns and ammo for the firing squad but i'll throw in the shovel to dig his grave as well, free of charge.

Reactions: MWF
Don't see how (Ricky Gervais) is so popular and funny when he doesn't actually do anything.

He did something, once... I think it was called 'The Office'?!

He's been trading on that flash-in-the-pan ever since. How he gets the gigs in the USA I'll never know. Methinks he is taking advantage of executives' confusion between him and Eddie Izzard (who is also English and has a four syllable name, but is funny and talented...)

^ His Podcasts were pretty funny .. but that may have been because of Karl Pilkington.

He did something, once... I think it was called 'The Office'?!

He's been trading on that flash-in-the-pan ever since. How he gets the gigs in the USA I'll never know. Methinks he is taking advantage of executives' confusion between him and Eddie Izzard (who is also English and has a four syllable name, but is funny and talented...)

Actually i seriously think the US Version is far better than the UK version. I watched the UK show once and just failed to find anything funny in it. Gervais just comes across as horribly over-rated.

Daily Mail had to add...

The paper also reports that as of Tuesday the BBC had received 33 complaints from irate viewers about the show - which had an audience of over six million.

Etc etc

Well at least they managed to avoid mentioning a certain incident at an airfield in Yorkshire.

Careful, you're risking exhumation by degenerative neural disease.

By humble artisans hard at toil erecting structures? Verily.

Because of a disease not named for a former British chatshow host? :nod:

Dear, oh dear..

Those Scallies need to develop the sense of humour they're always crediting themselves with.

Remember the motorhome racing episode? Well, I'm from Essex and I didn't complain.

I'm waiting to see if they make any reference to the Sky Sports sexism furore.

Some say he has no concept of gender, but that he does have a comprehensive understanding of the offside rule........

Wow, someone in Shropshire knows how to use Cut and Paste. Same thing on the Telegraph website earlier today.

There's a big difference though between Jezza's schoolboy/Benny Hill antics ("If you're watching this on BBC World, come to England. All the girls have great tits!" - TG out-take from some years ago) and what those two idiots said on Sky Sports accusing a woman who had trained for years of being unable to do the job she was there to do simply because of her gender.

Actually I watched the match and I though she did all right myself - got one very tricky decision 100% correct when analysed in slo mo.

I think she is at least as good as some of the men,if not better.

Here's a good clip from the Chris Moyles Show this morning, partly because it's Clarkson talking about the sexism and partly because they're taking the piss out of Geordies.

http://tinyurl.com/4v4mgt6