The who have Top Gear insulted this week thread

But see... Good natured ribbing, across boarders, and no one is getting butt hurt.
The UN could learn a good deal from us lot.

It's really interesting to see which people and nationalities are touchier than others. Most continental Europeans and Canadians seem to stand a bit of ribbing, Americans and some parts of the UK less so but still have a sense of humor, but much of the developing world and recently-developed world, not so much. Witness the Russian dude who complained somewhere on this forum about how Top Gear dissed Soviet-era cars and they need to do something to show them in a better light.

Yea, Americans can have a good sense of humor, but we tend to be sensitive on some subjects (see: Vietnam). If the observation is true, we can just shake our heads, grin, and say, "yea, right". But if it's not deserved, such as Jeremy's worn out line about all Americans being fat, then it's simply annoying.

And as for those Soviet-era cars, what could you do to show them in a better light? :rolleyes:

Just found this thread ^^

I might be the only Moroccan forum member here ... Who knows.
And as far as I recall, Morocco has been mentioned, at most, on three occasions.
The one that always springs to mind is Jeremy's in the 3 identical convertible Beemers : "Well, it's like having a Moroccan prison really.. in the back of your car"

There's only one thing I can say: I agree.

Moroccan jails have a resounding reputation for housing immaculate miserable living conditions.

^ maybe they saw it as an insensitive expression of British affluence, when 75% of the population use the streets for their effluence.