The World Cup Brazil 2014

Oh the smell of butthurt in the morning... it's so sweet. La mano de Dios eh?

Oh do stop being such a tosser. I was thinking far more broadly than that and speaking as a fan of the game in general rather than my national team; the first world cup final I remember was 1978 when the Netherlands played with class and fairness and the Argentines lay down and writhed in mock agony every time they were tackled. There are plenty of other examples unconnected to England as well. Your winking wanker and "star" player isn't much better. Guess that's what having fucked economies and living on refried sick does to people.

well, the english are known for their rather 'rough' style of soccer :D not that i mind, i consider the amount of theater that is displayed in todays soccer ridiculous as well...

Oh do stop being such a tosser. I was thinking far more broadly than that and speaking as a fan of the game in general rather than my national team; the first world cup final I remember was 1978 when the Netherlands played with class and fairness and the Argentines lay down and writhed in mock agony every time they were tackled. There are plenty of other examples unconnected to England as well. Guess that's what having fucked economies and living on refried sick does to people.

The complete irony when nowadays it's the Dutch who mistake football matches for MMA bouts, and at the same time, have Robben who must have taken classes with master mimes and olympic divers.

Your winking wanker and "star" player isn't much better.

Who might that be? Cristiano Ronaldo? In only a day I been pushed forward as a "blind supporter of our former South American colonies" and now him? Two things I can't stand, and have never shown any support for. How about you and bone get together and start the Stereotype club?

Last edited:
well, the english are known for their rather 'rough' style of soccer :D not that i mind, i consider the amount of theater that is displayed in todays soccer ridiculous as well...

I agree. It's high time it got kicked out of the game. If diving and simulation could be punished retrospectively with fines and suspensions after reviewing video evidence then we might be in with a chance of stopping it.

The complete irony when nowadays it's the Dutch who mistake football matches for MMA bouts, and at the same time, have Robben who must have taken classes with master mimes and olympic divers.

Who might that be?

I agree with you on Robben but he is the exception rather than the rule and I don't condone that sort of behaviour from any player.

And CR7 of course.But if it's bitterness you seek then I grant you I would still rather he was pulling on a red shirt in Salford every week.

Read my edited post. I can't stand that idiot. But yeah keep taking blind shots at my "portugalness" and maybe you'll manage to troll me. Or easier still, join the horde and start dissing Ferrari.

Oh do calm down, dear. Nobody is trolling you. It's called good, old-fashioned piss-taking. It's been going on for centuries and for us it's virtually a national sport.

And frankly the only one we have invented that we can still beat the rest of the world at.

I should know - I'm the national coach at under 21 level.

:tease:

Boo hoo didn't know the good old fashioned piss talking involved neg repping. Can dish it but cant take it ?

file.php

Last edited:
Is this the ...

.. five minute argument or the full half hour? :p

(Shall we all come back to the Final, when you two guys have finished?)

Mick Jagger is on the scene! Anyone knows who he supports today (as that team will loose)?

:unsure:

Am hoping for an early goal by either side, to open the game up.

.. and no red cards or bad decisions, etc.

Good luck everyone!

:smile:

game is pretty poo so far... standard final than (0-0 because everyone's scared of losing, then extra time, then penalty shootout with random result)

People say that Robben is good at diving/acting, but M?ller is pretty good at it too.

Never was my facebook feed this silent

The game was getting near to ugly for a time, with tackles flying about and a couple of cards.

Settled a bit now, so maybe no red card game spoiler today.

Do world cup yellow/red cards carry over at all? A lot of them are accumulating yellows in this game; does that matter afterwards?

Errr .. yes, I think so.

Germany will be playing Euro 2016 qualifiers in September, so the yellows should be carried forward. A red would be miss-next-match.

:think:

The Italian ref works in unfathomable ways.

Also schland

Last edited: