The World Cup Brazil 2014

Congratz to all my German buddies; hope your heads aren't too sore this morning.

The game last night was pretty even and either side could have nicked it with a single goal. As it is I think in spite of that Germany are the worthy winners on the basis of their performance throughout the whole tournament, but praise to Argentina for the way they played and more importantly behaved on the pitch.

I don't think Schweinsteiger would agree with that sentiment. :lol:

A European team has never won the WC in South America.[...] yaddayadda

:D

/german.

Football is a contact sport and you can hardly suspect any quarter to be given when the biggest prize of the lot is at stake.

I was actually thinking more in terms of the simulation and play acting.

Congrats to the Germans, although I have to admit I'm not particularly pleased that they now tie Italy in number of WC titles. :p

How the fuck did Messi get the golden ball?!

The same way Zidane did in 2006.

Last edited:
has the golden ball ever been awarded to a player who didn't make it to the final?

Hehe, they're back home and Lufthansa also pays tribute to the team:

image-725201-breitwandaufmacher-avpc.jpg

Open at your own risk. Dedicated German fan, NSFW.

5BIBctl.jpg

Should have been given to Neuer :nod: best keeper *and* best defender.

Disagree. He was beaten fairly often, Ghana and Algeria managed to score (Ghana was in the verge of actually winning the match), and then he did that one thing that looked like a kung fu flying knee in the final which risked very badly a red card and penalty.
We saw some extremely heroic goalkeeping in this edition, from the USA, Mexico, etc, but of course the prizes are often given for those who reach the final.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Germans, although I have to admit I'm not particularly pleased that they now tie Italy in number of WC titles. :p

The same way Zidane did in 2006.

Zidane earned that honor in 2006. He played brilliantly....aside from the whole headbutt thingy. He came out of retirement to qualify the French team and take them to the finals. Kind of a huge thing IMO.

The whole Tournament in a 4:51 minute sequence:

[video=youtube;Ex70elUF-2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex70elUF-2g[/video]
BBC World Cup Final 2014 - End Credits Sequence

The BBC - Quality & Class. :cool: :love:

(Hope it's not IP locked :unsure:)

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-qatar-scouted-3-5-153135935.html

Interesting story about how Qatar is scouting millions of kids and bringing some to training camps in Doha. They say they don't plan on naturalizing them so they can play for their team, but it's a way to raise the competitiveness for the youth in Qatar (not exactly buying that). I think they are are planning on creating a super team so they are competitive in 2022.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-qatar-scouted-3-5-153135935.html

Interesting story about how Qatar is scouting millions of kids and bringing some to training camps in Doha. They say they don't plan on naturalizing them so they can play for their team, but it's a way to raise the competitiveness for the youth in Qatar (not exactly buying that). I think they are are planning on creating a super team so they are competitive in 2022.

I predict utter failure for that ... maybe they can get a team this way that can survive the group phase ... but that?s all.

I predict utter failure for that ... maybe they can get a team this way that can survive the group phase ... but that?s all.

There's no chance of creating a football culture and the kind of "boost" to whoever is currently (at the very least) 10 years old, who are the youngest Qatarians who'd be able to play in 2022...

i think china would like a word?
they did exactly that for every sport on the olympics!