The WTF Japan thread

This is an interesting read.

Confirms my feeling that people who want to move to Japan are delusional. If I wanted to live in a place that is xenophobic, racist and weird, I would move to West Virginia.

This is an interesting read.

I have never lived in Japan but I did a ton of research on their healthcare system in regards to how they handled the AIDS epidemic and one of my friends taught English there for almost a decade.

That article lines up with what I know from talking to him and the research papers I did.

US VS Japanese healthcare.

If you have some mundane chronic disease you are probably better off in Japan but for anything else you are probably better off in the USA or just about any other industrialized country.

My friend spent ten years there and his Japanese is ok. His wife is Japanese though and she still had to help translate for him when they were traveling.

[video=youtube;Wo-gGes6qig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-gGes6qig[/video]

menscider.jpg
Rocket News 24 said:
Feeling thirsty? MEN?S CIDER COOL PUNCH (official name, no extra emphasis from our side) will cool you down, and reinforce your extreme manliness.

Beverage giant Itoen?s latest offering is a sparkling (wait a minute, that doesn?t sound manly enough) carbonated drink with a citrus-y aftertaste that will leave you refreshed and ready to face the heat. Hmm.. sounds suspiciously like flavoured soda.

But this is no ordinary carbonated beverage! It?s packed with 3,000 mg of citric acid, as well as salt and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which are lost in the copious amounts of sweat everyone oozes during the summer season.

Apparently men are more likely to be active outdoors and are therefore more prone to heat stroke than their delicate, stay-indoors female counterparts. This is presumably the thought process that led to the dubiously hilarious name MEN?S CIDER COOL PUNCH.

Much like normal water, it will help combat dehydration and heat stroke when partaking in manly activities such as getting on and off the subway, general sweating (remember, ladies glow), and occasional sports.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/07/new-drink-for-real-men-packs-a-cool-punch-on-a-hot-summer-day/

As ridiculous as that sounds I like the idea, especially after living in Okinawa for two years. During the summer I was dripping with sweat just from standing outside. Also it sounds like it would taste like Aquarius which is amazing!

Japan cares about it's trains being on time.

RocketNews said:
Nagoya District Court ruled on August 9 that the family of a man with dementia who entered a railway line and consequently died after being hit by a train must pay compensation to the Japan Railway (JR) Group. The court concluded that the measures the family put in place to prevent the 91-year-old from wandering off by himself were insufficient.

The family is being ordered to pay damages after delays caused by the accident resulted in a loss of earnings for the company. The presiding judge at the court where the ruling was made commented that the man wandered outside while his wife had her back turned, concluding that it was her responsibility to keep track of the man?s activities. The judge also suggested that although the man?s eldest son lived apart from the family, he was officially registered as a supervisor of the man and should have put measures in place to prevent this type of accident from occurring.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/...ruck-by-train-ordered-to-pay-jr-compensation/

Man I don't know how I should relate to that. Seems like alot of time and assembly to get sexy butt pudding. Then again, you're rewarded with sexy butt pudding. Japan, I got nothing, except you must really really like plastic.

Last edited:

Man I don't know how I should relate to that. Seems like alot of time and assembly to get sexy butt pudding. Then again, you're rewarded with sexy butt pudding. Japan, I got nothing, except you must really really like plastic.

My thought was "Hmm, that's interesting... odd, but what can you expect?" then I watched the video... Butt pudding isn't served to you? You have to make your own butt pudding? I can't be bothered by such asinine procedures!

I think Japanese people likes doing things like this. Like Lego :p

[video=youtube;sHWH_m-rVuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHWH_m-rVuo[/video]

I think Japanese people likes doing things like this. Like Lego :p

[video=youtube;sHWH_m-rVuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHWH_m-rVuo[/video]
My wife loves making those little kits.

Sexy?

You do realize that the buttocks are those of a 5 year old boy, right?

Well no I sort of assumed it was not minor buttocks, but of course it's Japan so...

Woo! 5-56! It's logical to use in space!

WTF indeed.