They must have been watching TG

diti

Car(s)
Mini Cooper S Convertible & GT6
From today's Daily Fail...

"Two sixth-formers were arrested for driving their cars down a school corridor for a prank on the last day of term. The 18-year-olds propped open the front door of Malmesbury comprehensive school in Wiltshire and drove a red Peugeot 106 and blue Peugeot 205 down the school's main corridor, known as "The Street" while lessons were taking place.

Police were called and the pair were later cautioned for criminal damage to a pillar, scraping the walls and damaging a door. Officers had to drive the cars out of the building through a fire exit.

Sergeant Martin Alvis said, "This just goes to show that cars are not playthings but serious pieces of equipment"."

Thoughts that spring to mind;
  • I admire their balls
  • Why can I see the lads taking this up as a challenge?
  • Will someone please tell me how to post an attachment in a box so I don't have to keep on typing things out in full? I've searched for instructions without success. I'm on Firefox, if that's relevant

:rofl:

Nothing like that ever happened when I was in sixth form, ignoring the fact that there would be no way of getting cars into my old school.

Like this? :mrgreen:

Diti with the Re-Mapped Mini (You can put any thing you want in here!) said:
Will someone please tell me how to post an attachment in a box so I don't have to keep on typing things out in full? I've searched for instructions without success. I'm on Firefox, if that's relevant

Use the BBCode Quote,

It would be
{Quote=Daily Fail}text here{/quote} < except use the Square Left & Right Brackets.

To insert the ?text here?
Select the text on the page with the mouse drag and then

COPY, (either using Right Mouse Click or Toolbar or Edit Copy)

come back to Finalgear Submit and PASTE

Dunno about Firefox?:|

Suprised the 206 managed it really. An old mini cooper doing that would be amazing though!

Like this? :mrgreen:

Use the BBCode Quote,

It would be
{Quote=Daily Fail}text here{/quote} < except use the Square Left & Right Brackets.

To insert the ?text here?
Select the text on the page with the mouse drag and then

COPY, (either using Right Mouse Click or Toolbar or Edit Copy)

come back to Finalgear Submit and PASTE

Dunno about Firefox?:|

Cntrl+C and Cntrl+V works for the cut and paste if you like keyboard. ... Plus you can imbed Quotes if necessary too.

Suprised the 206 managed it really. An old mini cooper doing that would be amazing though!

# This is the self education society # :whistle:

Reactions: MWF
I bet they only thought of doing something this hair brained because they watch TopGear.

TopGear will destroy our life as we know it.

PS. I think it is original and way cool. Well worth the little punishment for the years of tales they will have to tell.

Back in 8th&9th grade, some of the kids at our school did the same with mopeds. Hardly as impressive as it is with cars though :)

I bet Jezza put them up to it personally. Malmesbury is only a stone's throw from Chipping Norton........

I'm guessing 6th Form is equivalent to year 12 in Australia. If so, man I wish I had the guts the do that, or the corridor to go do it.

I'm guessing it had nothing at all to do with TG. Kids have been pranking the schools they're leaving ever since schools existed. It's an awesome prank. And it's funny how the cops are saying, "This just goes to show cars aren't playthings." Really? Cuz that's exactly what they seem like to me based on this. :)

Noboy else thinks this might have been very dangerous? Sure, classes were in session, but there's always people walking the hallways.

I don't know how slow or fast these guys were driving, but even if they were attempting to copy Jezza's driving style in the Ford Focus segment things might have ended badly. This isn't really a prank, it's merely endangering the lives of other kids.

I don't see how they got the idea from Top Gear though, they weren't the first to drive a car indoors. I'm thinking of a certain movie with similar scenes...

I don't see how they got the idea from Top Gear though, they weren't the first to drive a car indoors. I'm thinking of a certain movie with similar scenes...

Italian Job or Blues Brothers? ;)

Heathrow, I like being "Diti with the Re-mapped Mini" - it gives me a sense of identity!

However, the rest of what you wrote is beyond my tender capabilities - might as well be in Venusian. Thanks for trying but I think I'll just keep on typing things up (as long as they're not too lengthy!).

Hahaha, I'm so trying this when I finish school (if I could be able to get the gate that separates the parking lot and the school's grounds open) :p

I would think that the cops who had to drive the cars out would have got a little chuckle out of it as well. They would have had to resist the temptation to drive them out the way they came in.