Things you see when looking at vehicles.

GRtak

Forum Addict
The title says it all. Show me what you have seen when looking at ads, or stopping to see a vehicle that is for sale. I know it is a popular sport with our forum members, so this should be good.

Let us start with a 2000 Chevrolet Corvette. This is a car advertised on Craig's List that has a bunch of mods he wanted to show they all worked and took a picture after the smoke cleared.

CLad2000Vette (3) by StevenBudRK, on Flickr

And then he did it again from a different angle. It really helps show off how great the car is bro.

CLad2000Vette (1) by StevenBudRK, on Flickr

Can you spot what is wrong with this one?

CLad2000Vette (2) by StevenBudRK, on Flickr

It really is not a good idea to advertise yourself as a racist when selling a car. It cuts down on the group that will be interested in it.

He is only selling it at a bargain price because he needs a new boat engine. So if you can find the ad, you can buy it for a sweet price and hope it holds together.

Well, he should know that it was there and cropped it out of the picture.

00Y0Y_11mmvfNT7hS_600x450.jpg

:lol:

They do admit that it was "ditched" in the ad, it is the fact they posted the pic that makes it funny to me.

:lol:

Yeah, it's been a while, but I seen one that described the car as reliable with one pic showing it on a trailer and another on a flatbed. That is one I wanted to use when I started this thread but was not able to find it again.

Is that directed at me?

When I hear modifications have been done it sets off red lights, air horns, and myself in the other direction. I imagine a drunken install night fueled by Bud Light and a "good enough" attitude.

When I hear modifications have been done it sets off red lights, air horns, and myself in the other direction. I imagine a drunken install night fueled by Bud Light and a "good enough" attitude.
You ought to check out my cars. :lol:

Talk to any black people about it?
Saw some flying it...

There are definitely people that use it for the "wrong" reasons but I don't think it's correct to paint everyone that has that flag with that same brush. Anyways, this is off topic.

On topic: the burnout marks remind me of car ads that feature bikini-clad women posting with the car. I'm always tempted to email asking if she's included in the sale.

On topic: the burnout marks remind me of car ads that feature bikini-clad women posting with the car. I'm always tempted to email asking if she's included in the sale.

It's merely a serving suggestion...like the strawberries on a box of Pop-Tarts. Don't be disappointed if you open the box and don't find any loose fruit.

From a CL ad,

We know, we know. . . Your husband wants you to buy a mini-van but you're more of an SUV chick. Here is the perfect vehicle for the soccer mom in a hurry! Need to pick the kids up at school but there's new construction on your regular route? Johnny needs a suit for his recital, but there's a wreck on the interstate? NO PROBLEM! This go anywhere, do anything Hauler/Mall Crawler is for you!!! 2002 Pontiac Montana with attitude and altitude. Like Bigfoot in a pair of Prada pumps, this mini-van makes a statement! Stuck on a K-5 Blazer frame with a big bad big block 454 for power. It's got a Turbo 400 transmission and locking hubs to help spin the Mickey Thompsons and 8 passenger seating for your next trip to the ballet. So whether you're going to the Mounds, the Dunes or the Whiting, your van will tell everybody who's in charge.

00505_k2l8GMuaCSb_600x450.jpg

:lmao:

Whoever wrote that ad needs to get an award. :lol: