This car MUST be in the first series

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Holden unveiled a new VE concept called the Coupe 60 at the motor show in Melbourne. It MUST be features in the first series of TopGear Australia.

Holden_Coupe_60_021.jpg

Holden_Coupe_60_026.jpg

Holden_Coupe_60_015.jpg

Holden_Coupe_60_018.jpg

Holden_Coupe_60_007.jpg

Holden_Coupe_60_009.jpg

Looks great, particularly the interior. It seems to be pretty similar to the new Camaro, which is a muscle, coupe based on the VE too.

Now there's a Holden I might buy, but they still haven't made good on the Torana Concept from 4 or 5 years ago, so I won't hold my breath waiting for this to materialize. As for featuring it on TGA, it's a concept car ...... Oliver could probably beat it to the quarter mile mark!

Now there's a Holden I might buy, but they still haven't made good on the Torana Concept from 4 or 5 years ago, so I won't hold my breath waiting for this to materialize. As for featuring it on TGA, it's a concept car ...... Oliver could probably beat it to the quarter mile mark!

It'd be fully functional. It's based on existing architecture, it's production ready, and it's not using anything that's 'pie in the sky'.

Oh dear lord. What a bucket of shit. A $35k car with $115k of new bits stuck on it. My fridge has better engineering.

Now there's a Holden I might buy, but they still haven't made good on the Torana Concept from 4 or 5 years ago, so I won't hold my breath waiting for this to materialize.

The Torana concept was never heafed for production. It was just a way that Holden could test the reaction to the styling of the (then) upcoming VE Commodore.

i spoke to the designer about this today at its launch and he seemed VERY guarded about possible production. I think he wanted to, but knew it wouldnt happen.

Oddly enough that very same guy was one of the first to jump into a Fiat 500 when it was unveiled, checking out the interior and whatnot.....

The Torana concept was never heafed for production. It was just a way that Holden could test the reaction to the styling of the (then) upcoming VE Commodore.

I thought GMH were talking "when" rather than "if" the thing would be produced at the time, and as late as last year I read something about GMH planning on building a 3-series sized rear wheel drive car based on the Torana concept.

Of course the Coupe 60 will be featured in Top Gear Australia 1x01 - just think of the ratings ...

$150 K? The specs sound pretty good but I don't think it carries enough "weight" to justify that price tag. Styling is quite good appart from the racing harnesses in the back seat (very wanky) and if they are testing this on an ice rink as suggested to get the traction control sorted then it might be a decent drive.

Even as a Brit I think that looks stunning. I hope we get that as an update of the VXR8.

/sticking my neck out in an all Aussie thread.

$150k is M3 money so that is that is pretty stiff competition...

Looks overdone and OTT to me, and what's with the back-seat harnesses??
Oh, and the rims are ugly....but it's still pretty cool, shame it'll never be seen on the road LOL!

Normal VE sedan looks so much better, I'm begining to see a few around the place now and they're just stunning.

Who said anything abut $150k ?!?

They don't have any production plans for it at the moment. Nobody has even considered a price. Perhaps you're all thinking of the new 7L HSV, which is expected to be about $150K.

Monaros tend to be not all that much more than an SS Commodore.

Who said anything abut $150k ?!?

I did borrow the price from the other announcement, which had me laughing out loud at the morons who would pay that much for a Commodore. Just goes to show that in Australia, you can sell a polished turd.

:jawdrop:. That. Car. Is. Awsome. Ill have mine with the LS7 please

I guess like most concept cars, they do go a bit OTT because they can. I saw it in person at the motorshow and it is very low to the ground...no hope getting out the driveway or going over a speed hump...they would obviously tone it down a bit, making it a bit higher off the ground, get rid of the side exhausts, get rid of the harnesses, smaller wheels...However, even with all that gone, it would still be a cool car. Theres something 'cool' about coupes...it shows you haven't sold yourself to be being a sensible family man, and two doors is more than enough!

After seeing it in blood today, it is in no way worth 150k AUD. I would pay a maximum of around 70~k for one. But it is still a seriously awesome car.