Thoughts on a Theme Tune?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Sparked by a post in the show title thread....

TG has, since it launched in 1977, used the Allman Brothers' Jessica as its theme, although I am sure there are many younger viewers who will only ever recognise it as the TG theme and not a piece in its own right.

Given Clarkson's love of various forms of classic and prog rock and of course with the might of Amazon behind them to get around any rights issues there is a strong possibility that they will choose something from the archives rather than commission a composer.

We all know Jezza is a massive fan of The Who but the CSI franchise beat them to it so I think it's safe to say they are out of the running.

Suggestions anyone?

As I giant FU to the BBC they should just get another version of Jessica :p

.... Boys are back in town? :D

Genesis. I Know What I Like.

Tempo isn't high enough. I am pretty familiar with most of Genesis' output and I've been struggling to think of one that would work although obviously that would be the ideal choice because it would really annoy Hammond. :evil:

Middle instrumental from ?Firth of Fifth ?might work though.... Actually listening to it again for the first time in ages I think it would be spot on. Gets going properly from about 4'35"

AC/DC "Back in Black"

Possibly....

.... Boys are back in town? :D

Bit of a cliche?

Out with Jessica, in with Sylvia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDVz9JZt0U

Sylvia and Focus doesn't need to be explained I hope.

Hocus Pocus would be better I would have thought.

Last edited:
Smoke on the water. Breakfast at tiffanys.

:lol: Very good point.

...what about a new tune by James?

Queen - I'm In Love With My Car. Or possibly Don't Stop Me Now?

Last edited:
Meatloaf - Bat out of hell

You do realize that because the production team is aware of the existence of this forum, any mention of titles in this thread actually decreases the chance of it being used for real?

You do realize that because the production team is aware of the existence of this forum, any mention of titles in this thread actually decreases the chance of it being used for real?
We are smart enough to know none of the songs we have suggested had a snowballs chance, but this waiting is getting on my nerves. I like to see a little entertainment and every choice someone has made, I know instantly why it could be attached to the three egos as Tiffany Dell called them the other day.

They have the choice of about a jilliion songs to choose from, or a bespoke one, or even one they compose themselves.

What I am trying to say is, I don't think it matters one way or the other if we make suggestions.

It'd be hilarious though, "goddamnit, we can't use that song anymore! Or that one, or that name for the show" :p

It'd be hilarious though, "goddamnit, we can't use that song anymore! Or that one, or that name for the show" :p
Yeah, I pictured one of their flip boards with everything they like written down, and every day someone checks this forum and crosses off any we have come up with. Then when they are finally down to one, that's it. It gave me a chuckle.