Thoughts on a Theme Tune?

How about some Dio? I Speed At Night has a good intro and riff.

You do realize that because the production team is aware of the existence of this forum, any mention of titles in this thread actually decreases the chance of it being used for real?

Why exactly? Any existing songs we might suggest are already in the public domain. Plus we have pondered cars we want to see reviewed and guests we want to see for years and it hasn't had the slightest bearing one way or another.

Primal Scream's "Burning Wheel", starting after the intro and can go until the dirt chorus ends.

Smoke on the water. Breakfast at tiffanys.

My vote goes to a different Deep Purple tune.. I think the opening of the song will go perfect with a car show.... not to mention the lyrics.

Why exactly? Any existing songs we might suggest are already in the public domain. Plus we have pondered cars we want to see reviewed and guests we want to see for years and it hasn't had the slightest bearing one way or another.

Agreed. Our little forum isn't likely to affect their decision. Let's not think that much of ourselves. :p

I was wondering maybe they won't follow through with a theme song and just have different songs every week depending on their item.

(also this video is pretty trippy)

Last edited:
Agreed. Our little forum isn't likely to affect their decision. Let's not think that much of ourselves. :p

Actually I have to disagree. Compared to other forums I have visited over the years and back out of slowly with a twitching colon the standards of thought, ideas, grammar/punctuation and general behaviour that prevail here, combined with the fact that outside of the TG website, FG has for a long while been the go to place for hardcore TG fans I think there is a good chance that we have had significant effect on the show in the past.

You only need to look at the relationship he-he established with Wilman, his reaction to my losering off of Clarkson (and asking he-he where I was the following week and knowing my name without ever having been introduced to me in person) and ditto his reaction when she and I faced him off at a subsequent recording after the appealing India Special to know that they took us very, very seriously indeed.

For various reasons they have never been able to acknowledge some of the suggestions and ideas that have appeared here over the years, but they sure as hell acknowledged our dedication and love for their efforts plus the feedback that many regulars offered which was always several levels above the trolls who used to comment on their own website.

You and Q need to take great credit for creating this platform and also policing it in such a way that numbskulls, fuckwits and wankers were weeded out or slapped into line (I include myself in the latter category) so that FG became the place where the audience reaction could be benchmarked and taken seriously.

No doubt when Dipsticks/Gear Knobs/Cranks Shafts/Twat, Pedant and Short-Arse or whatever it ends up being called emerges, blinking, into the light of a fresh new dawn it won't be the newspapers to which they will turn to know whether or not they got it right, it will be to Final Gear.

And for that we all deserve to give ourselves a hearty slap on the back and raise a glass. :cheers:

Last edited:
Aww, thanks. :)

I think that Flirtin With Disaster - Molly Hatchet would fit Clarkson, Hammond, and May perfectly.

So with the new name....

[video=youtube;9jK-NcRmVcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/video]

The opening synth would make for a good theme.

Last edited:
So with the new name....

[video=youtube;9jK-NcRmVcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/video]

The opening synth would make for a good theme.

It would be even better if they could mix that with Danger Zone and Eye of the Tiger!

Perhaps a more traditional tune and a nod to their new American overlords?

Or perhaps one of these to go with the traveling theme?

Maybe this for Richard's theme song? :mrgreen: Maybe have some of it played every time he first appears in the first season as the official running gag?