Spoilers: Tickets for the Show

I just got another email from the studio - they are doing a pretaping special with guests Howie Mandel and Mel B of the Spice Girls (sigh) at 1:30. Its a seperate ticket you need to go print out, but it GUARANTEES entrance to the 4pm taping, so I am going. Those of you who registered may want to check your Inbox.

I registered for the pre-taping almost immediately.

I wonder if it will be an interview only thing, or are they doing an actual SIARPC segment?

Can't wait to find out :D

I just found this thread, and am pretty disappointed that I didn't see it earlier. I'm signed up for the pre-taping, but not for the actual.

I live only an hour away and am going either way, but if anyone has tickets for the actual taping and aren't planning on going, please let me know. See you guys there.

BTW, how early is everyone planning on showing up?

EDIT: I also have another idea. I signed up for 2 tickets for the 1:30 taping, but none of my friends are going. If anyone just has an extra ticket for the 4 taping, but not for the 1:30, lets work together to see both.

AIM: Wirth It

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Got 2 tickets for both tapings, although I don't think we're going to be able to make it for the SITRPC segment, we will definitely wait in line til the 4PM taping.

So incredibly stoked

I just got another email from the studio - they are doing a pretaping special with guests Howie Mandel and Mel B of the Spice Girls (sigh) at 1:30. Its a seperate ticket you need to go print out, but it GUARANTEES entrance to the 4pm taping, so I am going. Those of you who registered may want to check your Inbox.

Where does it say that you are guaranteed entrance to the actual taping?

-Big J

I'm going to be there for sure! I got tickets for me and two friends and I live less than 30 minutes away.

Where does it say that you are guaranteed entrance to the actual taping?

-Big J

Top Gear is taping a special pretape with celebrity guests Howie Mandel and Melanie B from the Spice Girls!

The taping is tomorrow, Saturday July 26th at Downey Studios and the arrival time is 1:30 PM. This is a smaller audience and tickets are limited and you must print a ticket for the 1:30 arrival and bring it in order to attend. You may not use your ticket for the 4 PM arrival.

Everyone who attends the 1:30 PM pretape will be guaranteed admission into the 4 PM arrival for the actual show. You must bring both tickets.

You will have time between the two tapings to get a quick lunch.

To print out tickets for the pretape, please use the following link:

----

... says so right there on the email. But it's only if you already have tickets for the 4pm show. Basically I assume they just keep you in the studio and thus your guaranteed entrance. I went to see Leno here a while back and it's probably the same thing where the tickets don't actually guarantee entrance; it's still first come first served.

God this thing sold out quickly, some of us can't be at our computers all day repeating hitting F5.

I really hope they have future tapings with (hopefully) better guests.

This is so lame!

I get back home from work to find out that I'm out of luck once again.

Does anyone have a spare ticket? I'm seriously thinking about sitting outside and asking for a ticket.
If no luck, then just kill time until you guys finish and meet up at Pinks!

Last edited:
Top Gear is taping a special pretape with celebrity guests Howie Mandel and Melanie B from the Spice Girls!

The taping is tomorrow, Saturday July 26th at Downey Studios and the arrival time is 1:30 PM. This is a smaller audience and tickets are limited and you must print a ticket for the 1:30 arrival and bring it in order to attend. You may not use your ticket for the 4 PM arrival.

Everyone who attends the 1:30 PM pretape will be guaranteed admission into the 4 PM arrival for the actual show. You must bring both tickets.

You will have time between the two tapings to get a quick lunch.

To print out tickets for the pretape, please use the following link:

----

... says so right there on the email. But it's only if you already have tickets for the 4pm show. Basically I assume they just keep you in the studio and thus your guaranteed entrance. I went to see Leno here a while back and it's probably the same thing where the tickets don't actually guarantee entrance; it's still first come first served.

Yeah... it doesn't say any of that in the email I got for the 1:30pm taping. But it doesn't really matter since I can't go to it. :(

-Big J

Well don't this just beat all. I live 10 minutes from the studio, got an email confirmation for tickets, but didn't see it until tonight. Naturally I'm out of luck. Oh well. Maybe I'll get in to the next taping.

For those of you fortunate enough to get in, if you'll be needing a place to get lunch between taping sessions, there is a shopping and dining complex next door to the studio called Downey Landing. Eateries include Rubio's, Elephant Bar, Chili's, etc. the usual chains. It's kind of ironic. This shopping center is where a car club I belong has meets every Monday night.

Les

Looks like a really good show taping you guys are headed towards. Have fun

I got tickets to the show, but I missed out on tickets to the pretaping because I was at work. Anyway, my question is, what time is a good time to arrive? I was thinking about arriving about 3PM, but seeing the fervor, i am wondering if I should be there earlier. I'd hate to get there and have missed out.

Oh, and it turns out a friend of mine can't come, so I have an extra ticket.

I got tickets to the show, but I missed out on tickets to the pretaping because I was at work. Anyway, my question is, what time is a good time to arrive? I was thinking about arriving about 3PM, but seeing the fervor, i am wondering if I should be there earlier. I'd hate to get there and have missed out.

For the love of Top Gear, dibs!

I'd get there at 2... seriously. The last show taping I went to with someone else showed up an hour early and had the last 2 seats; we didn't sit together as they only had one side on each side of the studio. There were at least a hundred people still behind us who didn't get in; but it was also back when people actually cared what Bill Maher had to say. :/

If I were you, I would probably just drive there, grab a lunch, and then start waiting in line. Judging from how fast those tickets were gone, it looks like quite a lot of people are going to be showing up.

btw gloomy, your avatar is hilarious, just caught the movie on TV. :D

Anyone need a ticket?

Anyone need a ticket?

My friend isn't able to go to the taping with me, so I have an extra spot if someone would like to join me.

Call my cell if you're interested (216.906.0534)

Ace