To settle an argument: M3 or IS-F?

To settle an argument: M3 or IS-F?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted IS-F.

Obviously it's not as good as the M3, but would you expect it to be? Toyota made a sprts car after years and years of camryitis, so I mean don't you kinda have to support them picking themselves out of the dirt and making something at least sorta cool? IMO, yes.

not that I'd ever buy either, if I HAD to have one... I'd have an older M3 :p

Why so serious? This is just what we needed during Christmas time.... Your not going to settle squat, not here at least.

To be honest, I'd take neither one of those. I'll just take a CTS-V and spend the money I save on gas lol.

Reactions: TC
Bah! How 'bout none of the above options. I'll take something that doesn't need 400hp+ just to be mildly entertaining...

Give me an e30 320IS. Solid good looks of the Sport package e30's, with the awesome S14 M3 engine destroked and built to scream even higher :thumbsup:

ancient-philosopher.jpg

WHY IS THIS THREAD?

I've decided this is now a place to argue between pics of hot European chicks, or hot Asian chicks

most-sexy-european-girls485518350.jpg
489937889937b.jpg

I'd pick Euro chicks... who wants to go and scope out Hello Kitty stores on a date?

Dammit! SFW PLEASE. :shakefist:

I know this thread has pretty much gone into meltdown, but I would take the M3 any day, along with any cock branding purely for the satisfaction. There's just something else about the M3, regardless of how fast a Lexus can be. You really have to see it in the flesh to get it. I never really liked the M3 until I was stood next to one.

http://img77.imageshack.**/img77/5729/dsc0107gsce1.jpg

So many people wildly discussing about cars they never ever will be able to afford...

^except assuming we're not all 90 a few might be able to afford them sometime after college and the rest in a few years once they've depreciated like all cars of this type do. For example DB7s are like 30-40k now. Ferraris on the other hand hold their value very well so your point would probably have been stronger then. one of the appeals of classic motoring is finally being able to drive the cars you ogled when you were younger (and soon to be being able to afford to buy and drive the cars you argued about over the internet)

Hell, some of us CAN afford an M3 or a Lexus IS-F theyre not exactly supercars

Who here pees in the shower? I do.

Speak up!

I do.

Hell, some of us CAN afford an M3 or a Lexus IS-F theyre not exactly supercars

Some can, but the vast majority here CANNOT and won't for a while (barring rich parents).

Discussing cars beyond ones means is fine, but arguing over them in detail that only someone who owns and drives that class of cars regularly is... ludicrous.

Wishful thinking is one thing, but acting like one knows ferrari's from an owners standpoint just because he's a hardcore ferrari otaku...not the same thing.

Some can, but the vast majority here CANNOT and won't for a while (barring rich parents).

Discussing cars beyond ones means is fine, but arguing over them in detail that only someone who owns and drives that class of cars regularly is... ludicrous.

Wishful thinking is one thing, but acting like one knows ferrari's from an owners standpoint just because he's a hardcore ferrari otaku...not the same thing.

Especially considering the OP, who is the one leading this "toyota is shit and can't make a good car" war hasn't posted anything but a daddies car and a "going to get..." in his info. :lol:

So many people wildly discussing about cars they never ever will be able to afford...

I could afford either tomorrow if I wanted to, well not tomorrow because it's Sunday, but Monday for sure. :lol: In Australia the IS-F costs $129,000 (no model differences) and the M3 starts at $145,000, but if you want the twin clutch, you need to pay $170,000. The IS-F offers fantastic value for money comparatively. I'd rather my EVO. :mrgreen:

Incidentally I voted for the IS-F. That engine is a marvel.

Last edited:
Say I was in the market for a car that fits this bill. I would want the IS-F. I would take my wad (of cash), and start walking towards the Lexus dealership. Though in Toledo, where I would buy it, I'd also be visually close enough to see the BMW dealership, and then, while walking into the Lexus dealership, I'd see the ///M3, realize that's what I'd want, then walk over to the Bimmer lot and put my cash down on the ///M3.

I like the IS-F, and I'd like to buy one, but I'd still buy the Bimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.