Today I Learnt...

Jon

Car(s)
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Honda CBR600FS (Now wrecked!)
They say we learn something new every day. So share it here!...

...May even get some bonus points if it's 'quite interesting'!

I'll start. Today I learnt that at old people have a stupidly high pain threshold. Trying to stand on a broken femur and not a wince from the patient!

Today I learnt that sleeping on the floor in a sun beam with two cats is kinda nice. #crazycatperson

Today I learned that however much you're furious at somebody, keeping calm and diplomatic in front of people you respect is the right answer. Not that I ever stepped wrong, but taking a step back and looking at what your audience is has served me well this time. Witts, never leave my side! :)

Last weekend, I learned that if you have to poop and the bathroom is far away, borrowing a GT3 RS to get up to the bathroom helps.

Today I learned that reporters are geniuses at taking my incoherent, sleep-deprived speech and making it sound like a real quote.

Yesterday i learned that you can do something against subway musician-beggars: I just shouted "this stops now!" and stared the guy down until he stopped playing. For a short period of time, I was the hero of a subway car full of commuters.

^ :lol:

Yesterday i learned that you can do something against subway musician-beggars: I just shouted "this stops now!" and stared the guy down until he stopped playing. For a short period of time, I was the hero of a subway car full of commuters.
You took that bloke's only means of feeding his family away - I hope your are satisfied bully. :lol:

How about the "Today I Learnt aka Every Day's a School Day" Thread??? Great idea though.

Today I learned that the FBI will block your computer for illegal activity - but they will unblock it if you pay them $200.

You took that bloke's only means of feeding his family away - I hope your are satisfied bully. :lol:
Why do these talentless hacks try to blackmail me into giving them money by torturing me with what they call "music" while at the same time, there's not a single person in a single station in the entire Berlin public transport network offering to shine my shoes? I'd happily pay the same bloke a fiver for that.

Today I learned that the FBI will block your computer for illegal activity - but they will unblock it if you pay them $200.
Really? There's a scam going 'round over here for years: a malware hijacks your computer, telling you that the BKA ("our" FBI) blocked it - but offers to unlock it for 100 Euros.

Really? There's a scam going 'round over here for years: a malware hijacks your computer, telling you that the BKA ("our" FBI) blocked it - but offers to unlock it for 100 Euros.
Yeah, it sounds like the same thing. Luckily, my anti-virus software blocked it from installing anything and locking up my computer.

I also learned that my roommate didn't think that me replacing the notifications on his computer with the "FBI" warning MP3 was funny.

Last edited:
I learnt a while ago, if you ever get shampoo burning your eyes, dont wash it out, dab your closed eyes with a towel, works 100% of the time.

/learnt in the shower

TIL or more accurately, yesterday, I learned that printing out the information displayed in Siemens ACS 410 software could be a key piece of information later down the road. Like, service tech just finished his job, connects his laptop to the burner, backups the information, and also creates a printout or PDF(cause boiler rooms aren't wifi ready) and add it to service visit file.

Last edited:
Today I learnt that having a car is good because if you don't have a car, you won't get to drive at free track days.

*sigh*

Today I Learnt...

So I did end up learning something today. Don't spend four hours laying out a 24x36 poster, resizing all the photos, fitting them all in, etc. without checking with the client if that's all the photos they want on the poster...

Today I learned that gasoline smell does NOT wash off, no matter how much you scrub :(

Today I learned that "today I learnt" is valid English no matter how wrong it sounds or what Firefox spellcheck thinks of it.