Today I Learnt...

Preferably very far from any crowd.
I was afraid for my life all the time during ringmeet what with Mustangs and their penchant for crowds of people standing around, doing nothing.

So it was Bone that has a love, hate thing for the Mustang.

It had to happen at some point, best get it out of the way and learn from it. :lol:

Preferably very far from any crowd.

To prevent any rumors or false assumptions, it happened at 90 kph and in this spot, with me alone on the road in that moment:

36928960276_2a2d2a05c3_o.jpg

:p

I was afraid for my life all the time during ringmeet what with Mustangs and their penchant for crowds of people standing around, doing nothing.

I'd say the danger came more from those BMW drivers who couldn't resist powersliding on the muddy grass :p

So it was Bone that has a love, hate thing for the Mustang.

He was the first to call shotgun. Or was he the second? I don't remember :)

TIL... that in 2000, the founder of Netflix offered to sell it to Blockbuster for $50 million. At the time, Blockbuster had over 9,000 stores in the US. Now, thanks largely to the success of Netflix, they have ten.

That business decision was almost as bad as when Yahoo! knocked back the chance to buy Google for $1 million.

Would google be where they are today if Yahoo bought them?

Would google be where they are today if Yahoo bought them?
Probably not, but with a main competitor out of the market at least Yahoo might still be around.

We'll never know what would have happened if Yahoo! had bought Google, but we do know that the secret to Google's success was already in place when the offer was made. Google overtook search engines like Yahoo!, Excite and Lycos so quickly because its search results were so much more accurate. Other engines ranked search results by how many times the search term appeared on the page. This lead to unscrupulous websites placing large block of hidden text on their homepage to manipulate the results. Google ranked the relevance of sites by checking the backlinks (how many other reputable sites linked back to the page). Excite were also offered Google and its algorithms. They also turned it down. It is reasonable to assume that if either of them had bought it, the PageRank and BackRub systems would have allowed them to become the world's leading search engine.