Today I Learnt...

Does it, though? Just raises more questions for me? One of them being: WTF am I looking at?

You are looking at Bagpuss in the company of the cantankerous woodpecker Professor Yaffle.

Every country has their kids TV shows that are frankly disturbing when you look back at them. I mean, look at the Teletubbies too. Creepy...

In that case you really don't want to watch In the Night Garden - it's like a bad acid trip in the back of a mouldy Zafira!

Bill Bailey introduced me to this. You've had some excellent entertainment..

And then, 2 minutes in this happens. :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: MWF
On the subject of nightmarish children's TV characters there used to be a show aimed at 7-11 year olds called Jigsaw and featured a character called Mr Noseybonk.....

5604599_f520.jpg

Just looked at that picture. I'm having nightmares tonight.

TIL that male dolphins have been observed to masturbate by wrapping live eels around their gentleman sausages.

TIL we still make cars with drum brakes for the US market.

A family friend of ours just had their Civic rear-ended and they need a replacement as quickly as possible. Asked me for some assistance looking at Fiestas. Just got a text from him asking "are there any other than the ST that come with disk brakes on all 4 corners." I was convinced that he was accidentally looking at a page for Fiestas for 3rd world countries and surely all US spec Fiestas came with disks by now. Nope, the only Fiesta to come with 4 disk brakes is the ST. Even fully loaded Titaniums and the new faux-sporty ST-Lines come with rear drums.

Honestly, I'm a bit shocked.

Lower spec VW Polos are the same. I found that out when our neighbour's one got seized brakes on the rear after being parked up while she was on vacation for two week.

TIL that male dolphins have been observed to masturbate by wrapping live eels around their gentleman sausages.
Are those consenting eels?

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Only by appointment.

ZVeoEVo.jpg

TIL that adding a sparkling drink to a Contigo bottle with the Autospout straw is a really dumb idea, as the gas builds up when the bottle is shaken up and propels the liquid out with some force when you unlock the sippy-cup spout. I'm sure the people in the cars around me were highly amused by seeing me drench myself while stuck in M25 traffic this evening. :roll:

A letter bottle would have just sneakilly been forced slightly open, gradually leaking it's entire contents into your bag/onto your floor/car seat.