Today I Learnt...

The 4.6L V8 in the 2003-2004 Land Rover Disco roots can be traced all the way back to the 1961 Buick/Olds aluminum block 215.

Which one? I thought the Pinto had a 4 banger (Lima and another that was superior, but short lived) and the 2.8 (I think) Cologne V6.
The Cologne V6 was never used by the Aussies so I guess he's referring to the Pinto I4.

TIL there is apparently a name for a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.

Arachibutyrophobia.

And that hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is, cruelly, a fear of long words

And that hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is, cruelly, a fear of long words

I wonder how common is that in Germany...

I use this term at least twice a day, it's so common I don't even think about it anymore... :dunno:

Oh, you don't mean the word itself, but the fear of long words instead? NoIdeaSinceIFormVeryLongWordsOfIndividualWordsStrungTogetherAtLeastTwiceADayAsWell. :razz:

TIL that Mazda built a limited run of 200 NB MX5 Coupes. :blowup:

f29640585d0225c3b8e75b674825d4ac.jpg

Yep.
So nice.

That's a nice shape, better proportioned than the clown shoe BMW M Coupe. The front bumper on that one is pretty awful though, it looks like someone was going for the early 2000s Camaro look...

Last edited:
So, what was the power laptime of the Streetview car? :p

This superglue that I've bought does go a long way... I'm building the little carboard airplanes that my wife put into my advent calendar and I'm going to stop when the first 1g tube of the glue is gone. I thought it might be enough for two planes, but now I've got the Spirit of St. Louis, a Lockheed Vega, a Fokker Dr.1 and I'm halfway through a Sopwith Camel. :hmm:

TIL that at least two of my colleagues, both men in their 30s, have never set light to one of their own farts.

What the hell is wrong with these people?