Top 25 Members' Cars/Motorcycles of Final Gear 2011 - Winners

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
I'll post the winners in reverse order over the next few days.

#25 - JipJopJones' 1978 GMC Caballero

https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ji/jipjopjones/2010/10/18/DSC_0331.JPG

#24 Spectre's 1995 Jaguar XJR

IMG_4540.JPG

w00t 25th!!!

I have officially decided to drop all plans of daily driving this car for the next few months. I have big plans that involve the word "Vortec"

w00t 25th!!!

I have officially decided to drop all plans of daily driving this car for the next few months. I have big plans that involve the word "Vortec"

You misspelled awesome. :p

He's installing a car phone?!:p

I forget, is Vortec a V8 or a supercharger?

i'm specifically refering to the Vortec heads that came off '96 - '99 GMC and Chevy truck motors. They have really good flow and they will bump the comression up from 8.5:1 to 9:1.

Coupled with a new intake/carb/exaust and cam, I can probably expect well over 300hp, probably close to 400 at the crank.

Or so says everything I've been reading over the past few weeks.

i'm specifically refering to the Vortec heads that came off '96 - '99 GMC and Chevy truck motors.
Grandpa's truck has that! *cough* Sorry. My grandfather's truck is a '96 Chevy Cheyenne, V8, but the smaller of the V8s. It's currently in my (16 year old) cousin's hands. I'm not so sure I like that idea...

Neither, actually.
It's just a name GM has been using on gas-powered truck engines since the late '80s, when "vortex technology" was introduced.

Actually there is a supercharger company with the name Vortech (notice the H at the end).

And the next two...

#23 thedguy's 1990 Mazda MX-5 1.6
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thedguy/2010/06/25/IMAG0001.jpg

#22 Eunos_Cosmo 1984 Mazda RX-7
38.jpg

True, but the presence of the h being the distinction between them, and lack of h in the statement being discussed...

My point was that it's possibly the reason why he wasn't sure if it was an engine series from GM or a brand of supercharger. It's easy to get Vortec and Vortech a little mixed up if you're not paying attention.

Last edited:
My point was that it's possibly the reason why he wasn't sure if it was an engine series from GM or a brand of supercharger. It's easy to get Vortec and Vortech a little mixed up if you're not paying attention.

Yeah, a little Googling got me squared away. Same way people get VTEC and VTECH mixed up.

YAY ERNIE!

Seriously, best use of anti-gay bar ever (besides the obvious "keeping your face from LE SQUISH," ofc).

#21 Jupix's 1989 Mercedes 560 SEC

IMG_0398-muok.jpg

#20 Matt2000's 1977 Land Rover Series III

N6DFE.jpg