Top Gear Apocalypse DVD

I thought Italian Job was better, I felt that this one had more forced jokes.

Still, better than TG:US :)

I just finished watching this.
Pretty entertaining especially since it's been what, 6 months since we had a new Top Gear?
I think I liked the bit where James and Richard each drove the other's car by remote control the best.
Like The Gto, Ferrari, Porsche & Aston too.

Last edited:
The Bowler section was the only good part of it. In fact, they should have saved that one for Season 16, since it had a premise that only would have required minor tweaking to set it free from the DVD concept. I'll go along with the rest and say that Italian Job was far better.

It's James and Richard. They could be featured in a Cell Phone Video, while in the hospital and still be more interesting. The best way to watch (slog through) Top Gear US for me is to forget that there is similar show with 3 people. The moment you remember, it is ruined.

def very lack luster this...

didn't sit well with me at all...

I think it was a-ok ... fairly decent .. .until James said the F40 had a V6 ... that ruined everything for me. :cry: I thought he was the petrolhead to end all petrolheads ... I didnt really think he could get something like that wrong

I thought this was well done,maybe even more entertaining then Jeremy's dvd releases. When i say that i in no way mean that his are bad, i have enjoyed them all, but this had that "Topgear" feel more then his do.
Am i the only one that caught James mistake on the F40 when he said it had a 2.9l v6? He's gonna get a full mailbox from that i am sure. I still love him though,no disrespect. :)

Guess not, missed Torque's post

Last edited:
Good but it lacked jeremy

As I said previously, Jeremy's never done a TG DVD. (And, not counting this one, I don't think James has done one either.)

any chance we'll get a what's that song thread for this? lots of songs i would like to have identified :D

Looking fwd to it

Looking fwd to it

I am a big fan of JM work and after watching the trailer its probably worth watching, even as background noise while playing poker or something if it fails to completely hold the viewers interest.

I think it was a-ok ... fairly decent .. .until James said the F40 had a V6 ... that ruined everything for me. :cry: I thought he was the petrolhead to end all petrolheads ... I didnt really think he could get something like that wrong

I noticed that too and just about leapt out of my chair. The only possible explanation was that he was starting to feel the effects of radiation sickness and got disoriented. ;)

Thanks for the heads up!
I wonder if all these DVD releases help fuel the bad blood on the show?
I always understood Jeremy's own releases, but that he's not in the TG releases surprised me.
Really thoroughly enjoyed "The Italian Job", probably Clarkson's best release (that I've seen) so far.
...And whoever is already bashing TG:US, it's a ton better than I expected!
We may get lucky and not have to endure 3 bad seasons (like TG:OZ) to get a good one. Even Tanner was watchable.

~M

The driving in the dark was cool until it got overly silly, the ?the really really last barrel of petrol? segments were pretty cool, i didn't even bothered watching the MOT bit. Pretty enjoyable in a series 13 way.

oh dear, this is a good example what top gear would be without clarkson...

Honestly, even if Jezza was present, it still would have been mediocre to my eyes.

The writing is what really let this one down, and I can now start to understand the complaints of those who feel the writing is what has been holding Top Gear back the past few series (well, 13 and 14).

The "final barrel of petrol" segments were decent, and the "motorsports" segment was okay, but the "games" were just terrible and the "Post Apocalypse M.O.D." segment also fell flat to my eyes. Maybe if they had brought back that girl who remote drove the BMW so at least one of them was trying.

I watched this last night with my husband and we were entertained. I was falling laughing over during remote car driving challenge and the "driving in nuclear winter". Liked the Mad Max derby. Liked the Ferrari segment.

I'm sure I missed a few other things due to distraction over that gaudy, shiny gold thing on Hammond's wrist, yo'.

Anyway, this DVD was never meant to be an Emmy winning achievement. So just enjoy for what it is.

James??? F40 V6???

James??? F40 V6???

Whats up with James? Does he suffer from imaginary radioactivity?

Why does he claim, that the F40 has a V6 engine instead of the V8?
And that James. The only precise TG-host lost his sanity. How could that happen?

I enjoyed the GTO bit, the Aston & Porsche bit and the F40 untill he said what he said.
Otherwise it was Top Gear really at its worst. Hopefully they had enough explosions and other stuff for now so the next series could concentrate on cars.
The Clarkson's DVD was miles better than this and I think he just became my favourite Top Gear presenter.

+1 and it's not just about James, people tend to make mistakes, sometimes embarrassing ones.

But HOW ON EARTH could something like that could go unnoticed throughout the whole production process?? Such lack of attention to detail is not TG worthy.

That aside, the car bits were quite fun. Most of the jokes were really bad. It's like they're desperately trying to make up for the unusually no-nonsense (by Jezza's standarts) Italian Job DVD.

Last edited: