Top Gear Australia - Hosts announced!

1. The show is scheduled to premiere after the Olympics (is this enough to get the show on the FinalGear counters viper?).

Nah, we'll wait until we have an actual date.

Well, I must admit that the choice of presenters is better than I was expecting.
However, I still think this local production is a mistake, for 2 reasons.

1. If bikes end up on Top Gear, I think I'll have to hang myself. Seriously, NO BIKES.

2. In order to appeal to typical bogan aussie idiots, I'm worried the show will end up being all Falcons and Commodores, with the occasional Korean bucket of faeces for the housewives and P-platers.

Not a pleasant prospect.

1. If bikes end up on Top Gear, I think I'll have to hang myself. Seriously, NO BIKES.

Top Gear has had bikes for the majority of it's life so why not?

Reading the bios, and watching the videos, while being completely ignorant (sort of), I am quite excited to see what these guys can pull off. The hosts definitely come across as being interesting in their own ways, so it looks pretty good to me!

I just watched the SBS video montage...... #1 and #3 look like they have skills. #2 looks (and sounds) irritating, although when presenting other people's material he may be better.

I'm actually pretty excited Warren Brown is on the crew, he was great in Peking to Paris. No idea who the other 2 are but will be great to start on a clean sheet. Thank god it isn't Eddie McGuire or Glen Ridge!

I'm a bit late to this news, as I've been out of town, but I think they have made good choices with the hosts. They look like a good combination of nerdism, educated larrikinism and energetic enthusiasm. Without Clarkson, it won't be Top Gear as I know (and love) it, but I think they could make a very watchable local version.

Is it me, or was one of the guys on The Einstein Factor? I walked past the TV and I could have swore it was one of the crew..

Stiggie said:
1. The show is scheduled to premiere after the Olympics (is this enough to get the show on the FinalGear counters viper?).
Nah, we'll wait until we have an actual date.

So, when's the countdown to Gear being removed from the front page, then? :p

Is it me, or was one of the guys on The Einstein Factor? I walked past the TV and I could have swore it was one of the crew..

Indeed - Warren Brown was on (though I only watched 2 minutes of it)

im just glad its not those tools who hosted "the car show"

such a annoying show

any word on wat chanel this will on?

I had to laugh when I saw this for two reasons:

1. TWO of the new presenters for TGA have facial hair - didn't anyone tell the producers that goes against the TG ethos?
2. The Warren Brown Unit at Southlands Hospital, Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex, UK is for the treatment of STD's!!!

Other than that I can only speak for Charlie Cox who was a great replacement for Murray Walker on the BBC's BTCC coverage. Some of his one liners were classics eg
"So it's a Nissan first, a Nissan second, and daylight third!"
"That's a really big off! Mueller's gone so far off the track he's gonna need a packed lunch to get back from that one!"

Hope to see how it turns out some time soon. Wonder if we'll get it in the UK at all? Be good if we did seeing as TGUK has been repeated on Dave so many times I can pretty much lip-synch with all the dialogue!!!

Last edited:
There is a Warren Brown interview with Mikey Robbins and cohorts currently available at Vega 95.3. Hurry while its still there.

P.S. Sorry for the double posting but if I just added this to my above post then it wouldn't show up as a new/unread post and people might not see it in time to listen to the interview.

I Just hope they dont try to copy TG in the UK, and if Warren Brown doesnt spend the episode banging on about vintage fire engines, it should be good. if not, i guess most of us will get the torrents from FinalGear..