Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

I wouldn't be too worried about that. SBS we're using a strange version of the logo when they first started advertising TGA.

Wow. That was the world's worst promo. I guess that was some footage from the car show...

Great job at trying to replicate the classic Top Gear intro, hahaha!

[YOUTUBE]J5iynmUPAzM[/YOUTUBE]

? Top Gear UK & Top Gear Australia
The show that holds the crown of the world?s most popular television program comes to Channel Nine in 2010. Seen in more than 100 countries with over 350 million viewers, Top Gear is the network?s number 1 acquisition and rightly so. Work is also underway on an exciting series of Australian made specials.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/12/nine-2010-programme-launch.html

What that says about the future of TGA I don't know.

Nooo, they'll try and do local craps "specials" aka the US Roadtrips Vietnam etc...
....good god I hope I'm wrong.

(I'm not saying a great "special" couldn't be done here in Oz, just not by Ch9)

Nooo, they'll try and do local craps "specials" aka the US Roadtrips Vietnam etc...

Looks like they'll probably turn TGA into Getaway with cars. :rolleyes:

(I'm not saying a great "special" couldn't be done here in Oz, just not by Ch9)

An Australian roadtrip wouldn't be bad per se but it's bound to be riddled with blatant self promotion and poor segues. Really, really not looking forward to Top Gear being bastardised by Channel 9.

Saw a 'coming soon to nine in 2010' promo of TG. Pretty cliche, but let's hope something good comes this way

Nope, just TG. Just showed shots from series past.

edit: Found a video of it: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNasGtJl3RI[/youtube]

Last edited:
He's mentioned the radio show several times on twitter but no news from either him or Morrison on the TV front. (Warren is technically on twitter but doesn't really tweet.)

According to TG Aus magazine, we will be getting an announcement of the third host (for TG Live) "very soon". I would expect a presenters announcement around the same time. REALLY hoping Pizzati will still be there, the other two i'm meh about tbh.

EDIT: adding, however, that I meant that I would like Pizzati to do TG live. Of course I want the other wo to keep doing TGA. I just don't see theose two translating well on stage as well as he did.

Last edited:
This page has been saying for months now that the third host is Greg Murphy.

Great. Just great!
I'm going to the Friday show and I'll have to put up with "choice eh?" and "mint bro!" at the end of every sentence will I? I thought it'd be Steve again. Not having any of the 3 lads at Top gear live is a bad sign I think.

Trying to remain cool though.