James May: Top Gear back in October [The Season 12 News Thread]

They MAY do the Challenger since Hammond quite likes it, the Camaro will probably be over looked, ZR1 might appear on a Clarkson dvd, and the LP560-4 is a no-brainer.

considering ZR1 has done the RING in 7:26:4, clarkson might change his view on american muscle. i am hopping. i wouldnt mind if they skip out LP560-4. its just another gallardo.

YES! And the other good thing is: Fifth Gear will be back in August (according to this sites countdown). Allthough it's not (even close) as good as TopGear it's better than nothing for the wait :)

Chris

YES! And the other good thing is: Fifth Gear will be back in August (according to this sites countdown). Allthough it's not (even close) as good as TopGear it's better than nothing for the wait :)

Chris

Yeah, that's like having Angelina Jolie cancel a date but telling you that Roseanne is free and will have dinner with you instead.

Yeah, that's like having Angelina Jolie cancel a date but telling you that Roseanne is free and will have dinner with you instead.

Naah... Roseanne Fifth Gear is not a replacement, just the "cigarette" to get at least SOME automotive fix once a week until Angelina Jeremy, James and Richard are back.

Chris

Naah... Roseanne Fifth Gear is not a replacement, just the "cigarette" to get at least SOME automotive fix once a week until Angelina Jeremy, James and Richard are back.

Chris

So it's like a nicotine gum for when you've run out of Marlboro Lights? That would fit actually - badly packaged, leaves a slightly unpleasant taste in the mouth and may cause hiccups*? Thanks for helping me clear that one up.

*I speak from experience having failed to quit on several occasions.

yay! Thats not so much of a wait.

I think I'm getting the way they're making this now : the "summer" episodes are 6-7, from june-august, then we have the longer "winter" season, which has 11 or so episodes, and runs from october-january

Try to do it Jeremy's style, put hot end of cigarette to your mouth :p

(sorry for "gallardo lp640", I've read all reviews, and still made such stupid mistake... I had awful hangover)

Try to do it Jeremy's style, put hot end of cigarette to your mouth :p

(sorry for "gallardo lp640", I've read all reviews, and still made such stupid mistake... I had awful hangover)

Haha! But hey! That what Jeremy did there is exactly what Fifth Gear is: It is a cigarette - but you just can't enjoy it the same way as you can enjoy TopGear :D

Chris

They MAY do the Challenger since Hammond quite likes it, the Camaro will probably be over looked, ZR1 might appear on a Clarkson dvd, and the LP560-4 is a no-brainer.

I don't know about the Challenger but the Camaro is going to be sold in the UK, so they might review it.

Cool, I was worried they'd only do one series this year, they've been coming slowly since Hammond's accident. Unfortunately it's on while I'll be on the road in Americaland for a good few of these episodes, so I'll need to catch up after the series probably.

When i heard that James May had mentioned that the Top Gear was coming back in October my first thought was, 'how are they going to film it in such a short time?' which led me to the possibility that they may have already begun filming new stuff for the next series. Really good news since we're down to 2 episodes of the new series remaining. Especially compared to the 10 episodes we got last year.

When i heard that James May had mentioned that the Top Gear was coming back in October my first thought was, 'how are they going to film it in such a short time?' which led me to the possibility that they may have already begun filming new stuff for the next series. Really good news since we're down to 2 episodes of the new series remaining. Especially compared to the 10 episodes we got last year.
Which would explain the HDTV comments by Hammond.

Although I think they always are filming ahead. I mean, they shot the stuff for this season weeks/months ago, so what else do they have to do now except start working on the next season?

Which would explain the HDTV comments by Hammond.

Although I think they always are filming ahead. I mean, they shot the stuff for this season weeks/months ago, so what else do they have to do now except start working on the next season?

Well, they need to have a big fight over money and look on the Internet for photographs of men sticking their c*cks up exhaust pipes...

I'm not sure if this is just a difference between the older episodes and today, but I remember in series 4 Clarkson said in the news that they had to go and buy ?100 cars later that week for the following week's episode.

I don't much care about the new challenger and camaros, but the ZR1 looks pretty cool to me... 640hp for 55000 quid? Not bad... (of course that's the price in America, it'll cost about a hundred grand on this side of the pond)

Also I'm still hoping for the Maserati GT(s), which is just beautiful... not to mention the amazing sound of the s.

3rd week of October too... nice birthday present.

Oh yeah, there are many new cars to test.. gallardo lp640? and since Jeremy tested all Lambos for years, I would not mind if James or Richard take its wheel, and let Jeremy test.. Fiat 500? Surely James showed (with Veyron) that he can test fast cars.. and without Jeremy's smoke cover, and tire squeal it could be pretty pleasant :p

Sorry for being a facts nerd here, but Richard once did a road test of the Murci?lago roadster in spain in one of the series before.

And if Jeremy is to test a Fiat 500, it would surely be the bonkers Abarth 500 with scorpion all over it. Lets face it, Jezza loves POWWWRRRRRRRRRRR, a car the size of a shoe with rocket power is just the thing for him :lol:

Anyways, it's indeed great news TG will be back soon:p