James May: Top Gear back in October [The Season 12 News Thread]

Come on it's got to be that James is going to Test Drive the Dacia Sandero.

or Maybe

*cut to James"

James: Great News! I'm test driving the Dacia Sandero!

I know it's not the best job in the world.

James testing the Sandero is a MUST, and Jeremy doing some sort of review on the new Vauxhall Insignia would be funny, considering how much he's always hated the Vectra. New Fiesta? Volkswagen Scirocco? - and another cheap car challenge. I'd also like to see the Presenters' mothers back doing something. There's a new Honda Jazz out in the Autumn for Jeremy's mum to test!

:+1:

Much better. Six months is the longest we've ever had to wait for a new series, excluding Hamster's little mishap, so it's nice to know that it's likely to be three or slightly less.

Better still a late October start points to an 8 or even a 10 show run. :woot:

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I just read this on the BBC web site:

"Next series
Top Gear returns in the autumn with eight brand spanking new episodes of the world's favourite car show."

Eight episodes, wooohooo! :cool:

Please please pleeeeeease no more 911/430/gallardo/murcielago variants. They're a little bit faster than the normal model, we get it.

And are they really going to call next season 12? Why not be a continuation of 11? That way they can give out the top gear awards at the end and all that stuff for the past 14 episodes/year.

Please please pleeeeeease no more 911/430/gallardo/murcielago variants. They're a little bit faster than the normal model, we get it.

You gotta be kidding right? Those "varients" are like the base (I hate this word for describing supercars) vehicle on crack.

The 430 Scud is tied for 1st in lap time @ Ferrari's track and is faster than the Enzo <100mph, the 911 GT3 is one of the best handling cars in the world and the GT2 is, well, like the ultimate Porsche if not ultimate sports car (that can also be used as a DD). And don't even get me started on the Murcielago LP640...

I mean, what would you rather have them drive, a Toyota Corolla? :p Go watch Fifth Gear for that.

You gotta be kidding right? Those "varients" are like the base (I hate this word for describing supercars) vehicle on crack.

The 430 Scud is tied for 1st in lap time @ Ferrari's track and is faster than the Enzo <100mph, the 911 GT3 is one of the best handling cars in the world and the GT2 is, well, like the ultimate Porsche if not ultimate sports car (that can also be used as a DD). And don't even get me started on the Murcielago LP640...

I mean, what would you rather have them drive, a Toyota Corolla? :p Go watch Fifth Gear for that.

I kid you not. I personally don't want to see the same car twice, even if it's a coked up version. It's everything the original is plus a little more. That little more doesn't do it for ME.

I'd rather see cars that haven't been reviewed like the Mazdaspeed3, IS F, S5, M6, etc.

Oh yeah, there are many new cars to test.. gallardo lp640? and since Jeremy tested all Lambos for years, I would not mind if James or Richard take its wheel, and let Jeremy test.. Fiat 500? Surely James showed (with Veyron) that he can test fast cars.. and without Jeremy's smoke cover, and tire squeal it could be pretty pleasant :p

James in the Dacia Sandero is gonna be hilarious, but Jeremy in the Dacia Logan, thats priceless:lol:

Last edited:
Give him a break. Celeb petrolhead Jay Kay was calling the Lacetti an "American piece of sh!t" - we're all aloud the odd mistake. See what I mean? ;)

I noticed JK's gaffe, but I thought it might be due to him being a special kind of rich petrol head, such that if a car isn't a sportscar or a massive luxury barge it doesn't show up on his radar, to him it actually doesn't exist. Though maybe he was taking the piss. Have you ever noticed that internet warriors will lay claim to the entire outputs of Opel, Aston, Isuzu, Saab, Jaguar or even Mercedes due to some international investment schemes? What nationality is a car funded by a US company, sold in territories outside the US (and inside the US, but outside is more telling) under one of that company's US based marques where there are many marques in those territories which might have been preferable for marketing purposes? Sounds pretty American to me. I mean in the UK Chevrolet and Daewoo both mean 'dog shit'. At least GM had the right idea when they rebadged the Isuzu MU Wizard as the Vauxhall Frontera. I had no idea that it was a Japanese rebadge until about a year ago, I always assumed it must be a bullshit Opel or something. Yes, maybe he was taking the piss and trying to wind up the Americans.

I kid you not. I personally don't want to see the same car twice, even if it's a coked up version. It's everything the original is plus a little more. That little more doesn't do it for ME.

I'd rather see cars that haven't been reviewed like the Mazdaspeed3, IS F, S5, M6, etc.

7x01 had the M6. :mrgreen:

yesssssssssss, I hope they do the britcar 24hrs again. That is fastly becoming one of my favorite episodes ever.

Im at BritCar again this year :D They've used stig in the advertisements for this years race so it think they are expecting it. And Jeremy did write that they would most probably be back to do it again.

according to james may on the radio today, top gear will be back the second or third week in october :D:D:D:D:D

Edit by Viper: It's been confirmed that it will be the third week.

According to the BBC website, it's only going to be eight episodes. :(

On some other website, we figured out that as the snooker finals are on October 19 and December 21, it's likely Top Gear will run from October 26 until December 14. Does that sound plausible?

I actually agree with you.
I'd rather see them test another bonkers or weird car than just the next ferrari 430 that they've made even lighter and a bit more powerful.

Im at BritCar again this year :D They've used stig in the advertisements for this years race so it think they are expecting it. And Jeremy did write that they would most probably be back to do it again.

I'd be quite happy for them to race at BritCar again, but only if they have a competitive car. How about ambitious, but, just ****ing ambitious!

The Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24 would be an interesting choice.

And are they really going to call next season 12? Why not be a continuation of 11? That way they can give out the top gear awards at the end and all that stuff for the past 14 episodes/year.

They have always done it like that. They have one series in the spring (or summer as it was this time) and one series in the fall. That haven't stopped them from doing the Top Gear awards for both series before.