Top Gear car photos

That's exactly what I've thought.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/18/bscap0102.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/18/bscap0101.jpg

I'm sure it is that one:
the last sign on the number plate is also a C
the mirror on the right is missing.
Can't believe they "throw" this car with reg. plate and all away!

damn so that scene with the astra was scripted, and 11 cars in quite good condition thrown away ... :cry: ... and ... :cry: ... the reliant didn't blow up after all ? or maybe it was a back-up or something, but probably not ... so top gear really is scripte :(, why haven't they handed them to finalgear.com members :), beacuse i really think finalgear has quite a role in the top gear production

Also apparently lost in the mists of time is a segment where Hammond and May buy a Routemaster (double decker London bus) and redo the interior to make it a gin palace on wheels...

Wow, now that's my sort of speakeasy.

I'm sure it is that one:

I can't believe there wasting Licence payers money on Astras....atleast get a Focus or a Golf

Top Gear is a fun entertainment show that features cars. Like every other entertainment show it has a script, it has pre-prepared, heavily rehearsed stunts and it's all the better for it.

yes, but if i remember correctly they often emphasize on "you literally spent 24 hours in the smart?" and such, and on some occasions they said they were makeing a script on a clarkson dvd and when presented with the grammy, but they were more like jokes, and as seen in top gear gardening one off, jokes are starting to get very very predictable, to me of course

And I seriously doubted the Astra Hammond clipped in his tractor was really a prototype...most of the stuff that ends in disaster is staged on the show and the Astra looked way too normal anyway.

It isn't even Diesel.

Details for VRM :
KE53DWC
Make VAUXHALL
Model ASTRA CLUB TWINPORT
Engine Size 1598
Colour BLUE
Fuel PETROL
BodyStyle 5 DOOR HATCHBACK
Transmission MANUAL
Gears 5 SPEED

Thanks for posting this, I'd love to go hunting around and looking at those cars!

yes, but if i remember correctly they often emphasize on "you literally spent 24 hours in the smart?" and such, and on some occasions they said they were makeing a script on a clarkson dvd and when presented with the grammy, but they were more like jokes, and as seen in top gear gardening one off, jokes are starting to get very very predictable, to me of course

Then don't watch it.:rolleyes:

i loved that S class mercedes. so what is the idea behind keeping all these cars in junk corner, i thought all their cars are leased and insured. and provided by the manufacturer.

About that bullet-proof Panda 1000, this was a segment originally filmed for Series 7 but they have never aired. You can see the car in the series 7 preview trailer. More or less like the Alfa 159 which was planned to appear in Series 8, but was rescheduled for broadcast.

Then don't watch it.:rolleyes:
So we are supposd to just accept everything without question? Well of course, the fans shouldn't have any input or express any concerns about the show they make so popular :rolleyes:.

I'm sure it is that one:
it is that one because it was the protoype they then cut it in half for the art exhibition they just changed the numberplate and stuck a wing mirror on with black gaffer tape

Wow, here's a blast from the past, pretty interesting picture that was up there. But as an effort to salvage this thread from the previous necro post and save it from a lock, I am curious if anyone here happens to have, or know of any pictures of the Top Gear "Salvage Lot" where the car projects of the past are stored.

What was that Panda used for? I remember reading something about it being armour plated for one of the shows but I don't think they actually showed it in the end. Please feel free to correct me.

Remember the shot of Hammond being shot in a car in the series 7 preview? That would be the Panda that the stunt was done it.

Also seen in the Series 6 preview. :nod: Sigh. I would've loved to see the armoured Panda in action.

Also apparently lost in the mists of time is a segment where Hammond and May buy a Routemaster (double decker London bus) and redo the interior to make it a gin palace on wheels...

What series was this to be for? Now that would've been loads of fun, IMO. :D