Top Gear Coffee Table - More Progress

Go look in the big box stores for a table or desk with a glass top that's about the right size and just use that without the table or desk.

Got my aluminum standoffs in today for the table. Just gotta run to the hardware store and pick up some studs to get them mounted into the V12.

That looks great. I have just collected my Jag V12 engine GBP99!! - so the project commences. Could you forward me your specs for the feet you had made up by any chance?

My only question is if the table top is stable with the table stands so close together (although I am not sure how else you could do it !)

Cheers
I now need to find a place local that can cut tempered glass. I'm looking to put a little bit more thought into it than TG's table (rectangle is a little boring to me). What do you guys think about this shape?

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2009/01/12/BoatShapeTop.JPG

Ok I've got to ask is there anymore progress on this project or still stuck on finding the glass?

Are those Mercedes wheels on the SVO? Sick awesome.

i hate that.

VW owners all have audi, merc or porsche wheels around here. I've even seen a MKII golf with corvette C3 wheels :thumbsdown:

if you want corvette wheels, get a fucking corvette!!!!

Last edited:
Hey now, Porsche Cup wheels look great on an older Golf GTI.

i hate that.

VW owners all have audi, merc or porsche wheels around here. I've even seen a MKII golf with corvette C3 wheels :thumbsdown:

if you want corvette wheels, get a fucking corvette!!!!

Or...howabooooooout:

Vette001.jpg

A Corvette with Porsche wheels ? :mrgreen:

Though I must say it doesn't look half bad....but it's still so very wrong.

My friend has 3-"spoke" mustang wheels on his Ford Ranger. Yeah...looks odd, but it makes it super easy to spot his truck in a parking lot!

Ooooh...I like those Porsche wheels, but they look a bit awkward on an angular C4. They need to be on something curvier and roundier, IMHO.

I made another thread showing the finished product. I'd have to search and find it. But here is a picture I snapped off my cell tonight with it in use.

I have the glass laying on top and the weight of my normal books and magazines collection keeps it in place even when placing a drink or eating in front of the TV on the table.

I plan on eventually using an adhesive to "glue" it to the top stand offs. I have a Heinkle chemical rep at work that I'll be bugging to help me select what I need.

Between work, riding my 1125R and playing coed sports with old friends from college a couple nights a week - I haven't had time to glue it down.

As for the SVO. Those are the stock wheels. When I upgrade to SN95 cobra brakes this summer, those will go and in place will be some 17" cobra wheels.

Attachments

• CoffeeTable.jpg
    CoffeeTable.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 56
My husband and I are having a discussion of how we plan to create our table(this evolved after a discussion about a bench for the foot of the bed).

So we are discussing if possibly creating risers for the 4 outer corner headbolts.

This would give the table a little more stability if for some reason something might happen during a party or our 7 yr old decides she needs to explain to some other child how the engine works the glass can not get knocked off.

Just a word of caution. I would not recommend this table if you have children.

I'm a bachelor, this is my bachelor pad and my friends don't have children. My brother does however and when they visit the nephews gravitate towards the coffee table and seem to always hurt themselves when they're near it.

It brings the 'engineer' and 'thinker' out of them, but they seem to always get hurt around it.

This thing, in my opinion, is a 'man cave' or bachelor pad only table. The first time you take your kids to the ER for stitches you'll agree with me.