Top Gear comfirmed for June 22nd

I don't have any doubts anymore, it will start on June 22. But, I think it's too late. That brings me on to another thing: I'm afraid that the new season will end in a month. I suspect that they will be working through all the summer... So it will probably end by the end of July, and that's about 6 episodes of Top Gear :cry: I just hope I'm wrong :(

I wont care about 6 episodes in the summer, as long as they come back with ~8 in the fall.

June 22 would fit with expected release date of the next edition of the mag in the UK which usually happens around the middle of the month. They generally do a series preview in the mag, and given that the original start date of the 15th is not happening, the 22nd seems quite likely. Whenever it turns out to be I, like so many others, can't wait! Shame there's only going to be six slots in this run, but after more than six months of withdrawal symptoms I'd watch them sit in a traffic jam in Skodas! Now there's an idea.....

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(oopsies, I seem to have broken the forum)

I think we're pretty safe to assume 22nd June IS the correct date - there is a lot of evidence pointing towards it.

Here is the latest - although this is putting 1 and 1 together to get some wild speculation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/wk25/sun.shtml

According to the BBC Press Office Sunday 15 June is the last episode of the four part Ray Mears Goes Walkabout. This goes out in the 8-9 slot on BBC TWO.

This means that Sunday 22 June is currently void of something in the 8-9 slot - Top Gear maybe?

The BBC Press Office site will update for week 26 soon anyway and that's the week that includes 22 June.

As for the football - I don't think many in England will really care about it without England, Scotland or Wales playing.

A match featuring England would have been watched by 12 million people but without England will probably only be seen by about 2 million - not much of a threat to Top Gear to be honest.

James May co-presents Top Gear on BBC2. Pending the new series (June 22), you can watch endless repeats on Dave (Freeview).

At the end of James' latest column.

New trailers out where, when, and when are they going to be posted on Youtube?

The trailer was just aired on BBC at 10pm UK time. I guess it won't be long before it's on youtube (hopes!)

The trailer was just aired on BBC at 10pm UK time. I guess it won't be long before it's on youtube (hopes!)

Well, it's ~10:56 UK time and it hasn't show up yet. I'll keep the board posted.

It's a boring trailer anyway... thats supposed to be funny.

*Sorry Wilman.

Last edited:
Just seen it on BBC3 before Family Guy.

It's a not very funny clip of the TG3 (and Stig) in the TG production office discussing what needs to go in the trailer. Clarkson wants powerslides, Hammond explosions and May sensible motoring advice.

I think its a better ad than a quick compilation of the series. It means everything is still secret (well, you know what I mean).