Top Gear demotivators

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
So glad to see the demot thread alive and well.

BTW, I have a high speced out Vista computer and it works well. I think that is the secret to running Vista. My friends with bare necessities computers running Vista have problems all the time.

For that reason, overall, I think Vista Sucks.

Lupin_IV

Car(s)
'84 Pontiac Parisienne, '93 Chevy Caprice
^ You do realize that requireing better specs than previous versions of Windows was the same major complaint about XP from when it came out until the release of Vista, right?

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
^ You do realize that requireing better specs than previous versions of Windows was the same major complaint about XP from when it came out until the release of Vista, right?
I had a dirt cheap, rock bottom entry level XP computer that never gave me one min problem in 5 years, until 99 pee'd on it. So sorry, it may be a similar complaint, but not the same one.

I happen to love my Vista computer, but I am the only person I know who does.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG

And so it begins anew.
I full heartedly agree with this image. Only fools use operating systems that are not Windows 7.

In all seriousness, unless you had a shit computer, Vista was a million times better than XP.

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
I will say that I have had no problems with Vista at all. My computer is a 2.4GHz single core with 1 GB RAM and a 512mb gfx card. Sure it's a bit slow occasionally, but pretty much only when I have just turned it on and tell it to open lots of things, and photoshop takes longer than it might on a high spec PC, but it's all I need, thanks.

MissDemyx

Not A Dude
Car(s)
1998 Plymouth Voyager
I must have given too much luv or something because clicking the luv button results in nothing happening! Of course given the topic... Must have been too much approval of Buffy_09's posts.

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
there's a line here about pulling off in the services....

Reactions: MWF

janstett

Car(s)
86 944 Turbo, 2000 TA, 09 GC Overland, 11 CLS550
I full heartedly agree with this image. Only fools use operating systems that are not Windows 7.

In all seriousness, unless you had a shit computer, Vista was a million times better than XP.
Eh... I have good computers, use XP and Vista and Win7 and OSX.

I still find Vista annoying for (1) UAC (2) slow switches between Aero and default mode when playing Blu-Rays/DVDs, etc, and the never ending unexpected auto update reboots (though this was a problem with XP too).

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Dude if we reach 100 pages, we should get titles like "De-motivated!" or something.

Just a thought...

CD82

Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0 TDI
Eh... I have good computers, use XP and Vista and Win7 and OSX.

I still find Vista annoying for (1) UAC (2) slow switches between Aero and default mode when playing Blu-Rays/DVDs, etc, and the never ending unexpected auto update reboots (though this was a problem with XP too).
UAC can be deactivated... same goes for auto updates and reboots. And VLC for instance doesn't have to switch between standard and aero when playing movies. Granted Vista with standard settings can be quite annoying but after a few tweaks it's not that different from xp.