Top Gear demotivators

I have posted two of these way back but i finally got around to make the third one so here they are together at last.

http://img338.imageshack.**/img338/8668/motivatorb7369d58c7ed23.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.**/img524/158/motivator7b91e798316dff.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.**/img338/5264/motivatorba3b129f8e8fa4.jpg

Given the power of the finalgear collective intellect it is rather disappointing. Suggest big neg reps for anyone using "you're doing it wrong/right", "I can has...", "I has a ..." etc etc etc and anything else that might be stolen from your average lolcat. We could also do with a smiley with a walking stick ie :lame:

guilty :cry: (I like some TG "locats" though)

Now I stopped making demots until I can create something really good / clever / funny (if that ever happens :lol:)
I don?t care about the rep and, anyway I?m still receiving points for demots I posted weeks ago :rolleyes:

Suggest big neg reps for anyone using "you're doing it wrong/right", "I can has...", "I has a ..." etc etc etc and anything else that might be stolen from your average lolcat. We could also do with a smiley with a walking stick ie :lame:

Well if I don't find it funny I just don't comment, but I suppose if people do give neg reps it will either kill the thread or improve the quality, both of which solve the problem. ;)

I've received a neg rep for my latest, which I admit is lame so I took it down, but then I've received a shedload of positive ones for earlier ones so it's just a sign I need to try harder next time. :)

This is the closest emoticon I could find with a walking stick. It's supposed to be an old man, but maybe it can stand in for "this post and thread is getting old"?

old.gif

Last edited:
I haven't done any in awhile, primarily for the same reasons as mineworksfine. I haven't have the time to go through a load of various caps and grabs, and if I do find some interesting caps I can't think of anything too particularly clever.

The rep given to me for my demotivators was nice, but I'm not going to slap together a demotivator for the sake of getting rep.

(I have to admit to doing a few of the "you're doing it wrong" demotivators.)

I think part of the problem is that the internet at large doesn't have a damned clue what a demotivator is supposed to be. 90% of the examples out there are just forum macros on the demot template (which has gradually devolved over time from what it properly should be).

Indeed, I haven't met anyone in a long time that actually knows where they originally came from (http://despair.com/viewall.html) - in frickin' 1998 before most of the people posting them today were even self-aware.And in fact, they weren't even original then, they were a parody of ubiquitous "Motivational Posters" that were all over schools and offices (but have now mostly disappeared on account of certain disaffected employees adding Demotivators to the walls, where they often remained for months if not years before some member of management actually bothered to READ THEM.)

I have two of the originals hanging on my own walls (Elitism and Power) but they're barely worth the effort of displaying anymore (Indeed they still hang in my old workspace where nobody ever sees them) now that the Internet has gone and ruined the damned party.

This is not over! There are not 100 pages yet. Now get your asses in Top Gear and demotivate! (I could really use a smiley face cracking a whip):p

Seriously, I think you just need a new perspective to motivate you. And I have some thoughts, I just need some pics to demotivate.

Well, I only made the one. And technically it was not a demotivator, but to be honest, I had a lot of fun coming here everyday and seeing what was new. Some had me chuckling for a while, others I thought were stupid, but so what. I don't care about rep points but sometimes I remembered to give my favs one.

But what I am not understanding is why some people have decided to be spoil sports on the thread.

If it is not your thing, move on. I thought even the dull ones were better than what this thread has become now.

If I get a few min tonight, I will try to think of a new one, but I am really sort of hopeless at this type thing.

This took me two days to get through!!! Pure awesomeness, I might have to try and make my own! They're too funny, had me giggling and other people staring!

I have to admit that I haven't done any demotivators recently because I'd ran out of ideas. I don't care about rep, but it was really nice that people liked my work.
Okay, there are ones that aren't demotivators but after seeing the first post we'll know that it doesn't matter.

After seeing a few in the TG screencaps thread, I thought it would be a good idea if we had one central place that had demotivators and forum macros dedicated to TG.

Forum macros and demotivators are allowed.
Maybe all stuff isn't that good but there are a lot of brilliant/hilarious ones. It's not easy to do them, I mean having an idea, a screencap, etc.
I was trying to do good ones but I'm aware that not everyone may like them.
I think that this thread has become so popular because it made people laugh and forget about sad things.

While rewatching a lot of old eps over the past weeks I often had brilliant ideas - too bad when I came back to getting a good cap of said idea it usually turned out to be really crappy, or only working while watching that particular segment. I guess there would be lots more bad ones out there if I pressed the cap key straight away :lol:

Can someone explain to me about macro vs demotivator? I did look at the link that EyeMWing posted, but am confused about the macro thing.
The "Most Highly Esteemed Member LurkerPatrol" (his new name for me) did say it was a "demotivator/forum macro" thread with his first post, and indeed some of his best work (and Matskuleinen's/MWF's/Salle's/Soup's etc etc) don't qualify as demots by the despair.com standard.

We don't all have the same sense of humour (in fact I'm pretty sure mine's often on its own!). Some that people have reposted & publicly +1 repped I've thought "meh" and some that no-one else seems to have noticed I've laughed my arse off at.

Surely the point is this thread has and still does bring a lot of happy to a lot of people? I like it for (until recently) not being full of gripes & grumbles, just people having fun. I think neg repping (which i never use for anything, i don't like the concept, but will prob get one now! ;)) people for using a phrase you don't like is a bit uncool. Just say "meh" as i do, and move on.

Why do we have to spoil the party? :cry:

Last edited:
Macro = Funny picture with caption.

Example gratis...
a_piano.jpg

(Most lolcat stuff would fall into the macro category.)

Demotivator = It looks like a motivator, but it's designed to piss someone off.

Example gratis...
over_compensating.jpg

Surely the point is this thread has and still does bring a lot of happy to a lot of people? I like it for (until recently) not being full of gripes & grumbles, just people having fun. I think neg repping (which i never use for anything, i don't like the concept, but will prob get one now! ;)) people for using a phrase you don't like is a bit uncool. Just say "meh" as i do, and move on.

Why do we have to spoil the party? :cry:

:+1:

I'll most likely post more as it seems people are still enjoying them (or they're +repping for no apparant reason.) Just as soon as I watch a few more eps and get more caps and ideas.

I prefer the macro for the "fail" and "win" pictures, and the demotivators for images with title and description

I think we should ignore the people complaining that the demotes have gone lame, and keep posting them. If we get them wrong oh well. No one is perfect!.. Post away people!!!

LOL. Both shellygrrl's examples were posted (but not made) by me, on like page 1 I think. that was a LONG time ago.

Don't let this thread die! It's too awesome!