Top Gear DVD - 4 - The Challenges

AstonMartin

apologies if someone has already wrote about it!

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3326849/Top_Gear_The_Challenges/Product.html

fyi

I wonder with all the best of Top Gear from here until Autumn if there is the need for these DVDs... considering the extreme lack of bonus material of any genuine interest

Also the new Clarkosn 3 DVD box set PROMISED to be on sale last summer (then delayed) is being finally shipped

on play.com 12.99 - on amazon 23 ish

thing is I did _not_ cancel my original 10 month old order from Amazon hence I am getting my copy at the price fixed then @ 12.97

the smug on my face for being a smart ass was, of course, wiped out when I checked on www.play.com and see that they sell @ 12.99 :rolleyes: amen

AM

I got it with the magazine, but these are cut down version of the original challenges, if you have the episodes it is much more interesting.

It seems as though the content of this DVD has been announced:

Seven fantastic challenges that test the mettle of the Top Gear team.

The Top Gear boys - Jezzer, Hamster and Captain Slow - can do brake-horsepowers, torques and 0-60s until the pumps run dry. But when they take on a challenge, the action gets competitive, hilarious, dangerous and, at times, downright humiliating.

Robin Reliant Space Shuttle:

Combining cutting edge amateur rocketry, British Grit, and truly intergalactic levels of messing about, Richard and James try to put a Reliant Robin into space.

Building Amphibious Cars:

Can the lads create a vehicle equally at home on land and water? Will they even make it across the reservoir without drowning or catching hypothermia?

Building a Limo:

The boys are up against it, making their own stretch limos from everyday cars. But the challenge has only just begun. There are some high-profile celebs who need a lift to the Brit Awards...

Building a Convertible:

Attempting to turn a Renault Espace into a fashionable 'drop top', the team prove that trying to make your own convertible is a bit like trying to cut your own hair... you can do it, but you probably shouldn't...

Parkour vs Peugeot 207:

They may wear silly trousers but these parkour (the barmy sport of leaping across rooftops across the city) lads are serious competition for Captain Slow's Peugeot 207 in a race through Liverpool.

Veyron Race from Alba:

It's Top Gear's most dramatic race yet. Jeremy's in the Bugatti Veyron - the fastest, most lavish supercar ever - while Richard and James are in a flying washing machine - with Captain Slow at the controls!

Crap 70s Supercars:

They were once state-of-the-art Italian supercars - the Maserati Merak, the Ferrari Dino 308GT4 and the Lamborghini Uracco. Now, all the lads need to do is try to drive them from Bristol to a "gentleman's" club in Slough.

No mention of any bonus content :(

It seems as though the content of this DVD has been announced:

Seven fantastic challenges that test the mettle of the Top Gear team.

The Top Gear boys - Jezzer, Hamster and Captain Slow - can do brake-horsepowers, torques and 0-60s until the pumps run dry. But when they take on a challenge, the action gets competitive, hilarious, dangerous and, at times, downright humiliating.

Robin Reliant Space Shuttle:

Combining cutting edge amateur rocketry, British Grit, and truly intergalactic levels of messing about, Richard and James try to put a Reliant Robin into space.

Building Amphibious Cars:

Can the lads create a vehicle equally at home on land and water? Will they even make it across the reservoir without drowning or catching hypothermia?

Building a Limo:

The boys are up against it, making their own stretch limos from everyday cars. But the challenge has only just begun. There are some high-profile celebs who need a lift to the Brit Awards...

Building a Convertible:

Attempting to turn a Renault Espace into a fashionable 'drop top', the team prove that trying to make your own convertible is a bit like trying to cut your own hair... you can do it, but you probably shouldn't...

Parkour vs Peugeot 207:

They may wear silly trousers but these parkour (the barmy sport of leaping across rooftops across the city) lads are serious competition for Captain Slow's Peugeot 207 in a race through Liverpool.

Veyron Race from Alba:

It's Top Gear's most dramatic race yet. Jeremy's in the Bugatti Veyron - the fastest, most lavish supercar ever - while Richard and James are in a flying washing machine - with Captain Slow at the controls!

Crap 70s Supercars:

They were once state-of-the-art Italian supercars - the Maserati Merak, the Ferrari Dino 308GT4 and the Lamborghini Uracco. Now, all the lads need to do is try to drive them from Bristol to a "gentleman's" club in Slough.

No mention of any bonus content :(

mm hope it'll be out soon enough....

Anyone know of any place that will ship it to the US?

No cheap car challanges?

I would have liked one of those much more than "Parkour vs Peugeot 207". But I guess they didn't want to repeat themselves on the DVD, and wanted a little bit of everything.

No cheap car challanges?

I would have liked one of those much more than "Parkour vs Peugeot 207". But I guess they didn't want to repeat themselves on the DVD, and wanted a little bit of everything.

Actually, there is the cheap Italian Sports car challenge. Anyone receive this DVD today?

I got mine through the post from play.com this morning for ?10.99 including postage. I have them all on DVD anyway but its nice to have them all together and its almost 3 hours long so I think its quite good value. Just the thing for a night in with a couple of bottles of wine and a takeaway. I would have liked to see some outtakes on it though like on the winter olympics.

I got it today from Virgin Megastores for ?13. Ugh! It's all good except for one tiny criticism about the lack of Jeremy, Richard, and James biulding their limos. Other than that, top notch entertainment!