Top Gear filming at VIR in Sept

"Now SQUEAL LIKE A PIGGY!"

Maybe Stig's American Cousin will sit on White Stig and crush him?

TG UK in the US? Squeeeeeeee! I just wish they were coming to a track in Texas (...preferably central Texas, haha) instead. :(

The guys have arrived in the US. Someone on Twitter just mentioned he is standing in the immigration queue right behind them. :-D

Hmm...purely conjecture but since they're in the USA and they're using a ton of American cars maybe its one of those UK versus another country segments like they did against Germany and are planning with Australia (IIRC). Might help TG USA's ratings too if they used their hosts in a challenge against Clarkson and co.

Last edited:
More than 7 hours drive away... I guess I'll just wait and see what people who attend find out.

Saw this on one of the TG-related Tumblrs just now...

Not a question but a fact you might like to know. Top Gear has been spotted in Banner Elk, NC which is in the Blue Ridge Mountains. My guess? They will have a show that showcases the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway. Cars they were spotted in Porsche, Ferrari and a Mercedes w/ gull-wing doors. I don?t know what model types but it is exciting!

?and strictly factual

Those of you hankering to see the SLS? Here you go. :nod:

Puts them within spitting distance of The Tail of the Dragon, a road I should probably drive on someday.

Edit: I thought I'd add that I doubt they'll be driving on that, as it would be a bit off course. The Blue Ridge Parkway is more towards Danville VA.

Last edited:
That Porsche's paint job looks a lot like Nugget's. :)

- can't wait for this episode now

Does anybody know if the original post is still true, about Top Gear still being at VIR tomorrow while the PCA has it's track day? I'm gonna drive down to VIR tomorrow anyway since it's only a 2.5 hour drive. Wasn't able to go down today :(

I wish that were true. Im heading to VIR tomorrow for the PCA event and am sure they wont be there. The guys are in NY today. Dunno where they'll be Friday (still NY?), but it wouldn't make sense to come back to VA.

Does anybody know if the original post is still true, about Top Gear still being at VIR tomorrow while the PCA has it's track day? I'm gonna drive down to VIR tomorrow anyway since it's only a 2.5 hour drive. Wasn't able to go down today :(

I wish that were true. Im heading to VIR tomorrow for the PCA event and am sure they wont be there. The guys are in NY today. Dunno where they'll be Friday (still NY?), but it wouldn't make sense to come back to VA.

You talkin about the track guys or TG?

Last edited:
Bummer, yeah I heard they'll be in NYC from the 17th-19th. Oh well, still gonna drive down to check out the Porsches. The PCA event is open to spectators right?

NYC? I'm pretty close to there, but I don't think I will go there either.