"Top Gear filming in UAE" [Turns out to be the magazine, but 3 Veyrons!]

How often do they use the stig in the magazine? All the mags I've read didn't have the stig in them...Does this mean it might also be a Top Gear segment???

How often do they use the stig in the magazine? All the mags I've read didn't have the stig in them...Does this mean it might also be a Top Gear segment???

He does show up from time to time...

He took the JCB Fastrax tractor around the TG track many moons before TG tv did, for example...

He's in the magazine all the time and there was no sign of any of the hosts in UAE, so it's highly unlikely IMO that it was for the TV show as well.

Plus, don't you think Andy woulda mentioned it in his blog post? :)

He's in the magazine all the time and there was no sign of any of the hosts in UAE, so it's highly unlikely IMO that it was for the TV show as well.

Plus, don't you think Andy woulda mentioned it in his blog post? :)

Well I've only read about 3 of them and have never seen him IIRC. I figured if they needed a driver to do some testing why bother dressing up the stig.

Hmm, more rumors that this turned into a filming segment after they got offered the cars. I'm doubtful though as the guys are probably too busy to fly out on a whim, plus no pictures of them.

Until I got my camera phone I often saw things I had no "proof of" such as an alligator attacking a police car on Interstate 20 close to Monroe, La. But it happened. Took almost the whole right front fender off.

Pictures or it didn't happen. :shakefist:

Pff, 3 Veyrons? I got 5 Veyrons gagged and tied up in my basement.

And by Veyrons, I mean high school cheerleaders.

And by gagged, I mean disemboweled.

Any idea when this magazine is coming out? I'd buy it if it has the 3 Veyrons test in it, even if they charge me an arm and a leg for it here in .be (which they do)

^ Mag rep is on the forum could try pm to him. I'll find his user its something like TGMULM - I'll check. Back in a mo.

/EDIT user is TGUKGLM he may not answer on the other hand. ...

Hello - luckily I checked in to the forum today - what would you like to know?

Hello - luckily I checked in to the forum today - what would you like to know?
I think he (and everyone else) wants to know if since you guys ended up getting the 3 Veyrons plus a CCX for the magazine shoot whether or not you guys invited the film crew down to join you for the rare opportunity.

I'm guessing no due to the short notice and lack of any candid photos of them, but you never know! :)

I don't think so, as far as we know it was only the mag. We've got an edition of the magazine in Dubai (in Arabic, covering the Arab world) and they can pretty much get us anything we want.

I think we also managed to get a new Mustang GT500 as part of this too.

Some of the stuff for the new series of the TV show is even better than this!

^ Way? No WAY! :eek: