Top Gear Live - Recording?

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
So the Top Gear Live events are starting today and will continue over the next time in different locations. Is there going to be any video recording of that, except the obvious amateur YouTube clips? It probably won't get broadcasted, but is there a chance it might become a DVD or something of that kind at some point? Too bad if people can't enjoy that performance in any way just not having a possibility to go there...

I doubt it. I'm going to MPH08 tomorrow, so I'll tell you if there are any TV cameras present. It is very unlikely though, so don't expect much.

They have never recorded any of the previous events. It's so expensive to get in that they try and make it 'exclusive' there will be quite a few unofficial youtube videos and such cropping up though.

There were official videos being made at tonights (Thurs) performance, but no info on whether they were for release or not. No-one on the TG stand knew either.

Everything is recorded (not necessarily to tape though), but mainly to be shown on the projection screen. I doubt they will release a DVD.

Was anybody there? and if so did you have a camera?

I'd love to see the reasonably priced car thing as I've no idea how that was done

from the tg site:
"But at least he let the audience drive our reasonably priced car - every single one of them - using some complicated computer trickery and some coloured pieces of card. We?ll leave you to ponder that. "

I've just come home. No video unfortunately but I can tell you how it 'worked'.

Basically everyone in the audience had an A4 piece of card with green on one side and red on the other. Green was Uncool and Left and Red was Cool and Right (IIRC). Holding them up, they were registered by a camera which then responded on the screens. Cool wall was simple enough (cool and uncool - show them when they drive on and the guys say something about them). Also Jeremy had an 'override' button which was amusing. Changed it from Sub Zero to Seriously Uncool or vice-versa. He also spoke to some kid in the audience who sounded really angry at something :lol: About the Laguna Coupe - Clarkson was 'How can you see its a Laguna? I can only see the side of it!', followed by the kid saying 'Look on the back!!! It says so in big letters!!!'. He got owned because he was from Devon, so Clarkson said 'Mind going back there please?'.

But the SIARPC was harder. It was the same game system as the game on the old topgear.com. The accelerator was activated when we all shouted and made noise etc - to 'brake' for corners, just shut up, although half the audience didn't seem to grasp this principle... So we understeered off most of the corners. Holding up your cards for handling, the more the cards held up, the sharper the turn etc etc etc.

They joked about it hard, because the system was pretty bad anyway. Also, we lost badly to last night's audience. They did a 1:42.2, we did a 1:53.7. Shame.

Also I was sat in Row B right off to the right hand side, where the boys had their VIP seating area (a couple of seats behind the barrier with some beer and stuff - they sat watching the show when they weren't on it. Lots of security guards too.

And it was clear all the professional Video cameras were either for the screens or for TV shows which would be doing a feature on it.

EDIT: Here is a photo I took of the SIARPC section. You can see at the bottom of the screen the Green/Red bar that showed the direction.

http://img373.imageshack.**/img373/9809/tgliveei9.jpg

Last edited:
Went today and it was brilliant....

And the Stig crashed at the end breaking a kart! Hahahaha

:lol::lol:

How did your audience do on the SIARPC? We did pretty badly...

About 1:42 i think :)

The show before us (We were the last one's) where over 2 minutes! :rolleyes:

DSCF3145.jpg

DSCF3146.jpg

DSCF3152.jpg

DSCF3160.jpg

DSCF3167.jpg

DSCF3170.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

DSCF3172.jpg

DSCF3177.jpg

DSCF3186.jpg

DSCF3189.jpg

DSCF3192.jpg

DSCF3192.jpg

DSCF3198.jpg
(The stig crashed that!)
DSCF3210.jpg

DSCF3213.jpg

DSCF3216.jpg

DSCF3217.jpg

Sorry about quality camera is crap :(

About 1:42 i think :)

The show before us (We were the last one's) where over 2 minutes! :rolleyes:

I went to the 11:00 o'clock show on Saturday and we did it in 2 minutes something, so i fear that may have been us. :lol: