Top Gear Live

What brydiem said. Pretty good on the ads this year. But then I could listen to the Ferrari ad over and over. Glorious sounds.

No word on if anyone beat my lap. I'm guessing someone will in the end.

Now for a few pics.

DSC05963.jpg

DSC05966.jpg

DSC05965.jpg

DSC05968.jpg

DSC05971.jpg

DSC05973.jpg

Must add I thought Murphy did a fine job tbh.

Last edited:
I was at the 2:00 one today, enjoyed it immensly. Had pretty good platinum seats, except there were these three ~10 year olds sitting in front of me who wouldn't shut up throughout the show, and one was filming it on his phone. Seemed to get bored half way through and just started playing with the phone and not watching the show. Their father didn't do anything to stop them.

But other than that, our lap time got the best photo, a girl who turned up in a Stig helmet and gloves. And we didn't have to put up with Karl Stefanovic in the Robin. Did anyone else go to the paddock tour afterwards, I talked for a while to Steve (the guy who often appears in the show, e.g 24 hour race), he was very friendly and didn't mind talking to a mechanical numpty like me. Took lots of pics of the props, but I only had my phone camera, so none were particulary good. Will take my camera next time.

would have taken more pics if it wasnt for the frickin CAMERA NAZI our section had, even though EVERY other section was full of flash photography almost every minute of every cool part of the show.. and I didnt see anyone else stopping them......grrrr
What section were you in? Same thing happened to me, just stopped for a while and then started again. If I can get the camera off my sister I'll post some pics up.

Didn't see anyone else with an FG shirt on. :(

Was slightly disappointed with the show overall, wanted to see more of Clarkson and May and less stunt driving (even if it was pretty good). But that's not to say it wasn't worth the trip up, just I'm left wanting more. Hope they go to Melbourne next time so that I don't have to go to Sydney ever again (at least not on a muggy week in Summer).

Grig was quite good, I'd rather have had Warren or Pizzati to have a proper Australian perspective, but I suppose that's Nine's influence there in not knowing what to do about TGA.

The stuff outside sucked, I went to the show rather early to leave time to see it all, but there was next to nothing. A motorcycle stand at Top Gear?

So anybody go to the Paddock thing? I'm curious about what was in it? or was it just the cars from the show and thats it?

The Paddock tour is pretty much all the cars you saw in the show, as well checking out the arena on Ground Level. It's very crowded if everyone else got one, so if you like crowds and like taking pics, go ahead.

You should be grateful you weren't at the performance I was at in Birmingham UK, which was brilliant except for the fact that we sat through all the promotional videos, then there was an announcement that there had been an accident on the motorway into the NEC so they were holding back the start of the show until all the people behind it could get there. So we saw the videos again...and again....for 25 minutes.

Thoughtful for the people held up, but pretty boring for those who had already been in their seats 25 minutes already!

Well done. They are very good seats I must say. I would've love to be in Diamond cause of the possibility that Jeremy or James might come up to you and ask for your opinion.

I wish! I was disappointed I wasn't closer :(

It was definitely worth going, but my only niggle was that Greg Murphy did not deserve to be there as a presenter, 'motorsport legend' or not. All he brought was awkward, out of place pom insults and frankly just acted like a cunt the whole time. And of course, the inevitable scirpted feel of the performance, but most of the time it was Murphy that caused it. However, what do you want from a live arena show that plays in the same city for over 10 shows? Seeing them both Live really made that up!

Favourite parts - cool wall (some good insults all round!), the Focus RS routine (got to see 'em close up too!) and the Reliant Robin race (heaps of falls! :D).

However, if they're using the same tour guide for every city, I can't really recommend the paddock passes. The guide couldn't really explain much about the workings of the stunts and was quite annoying. However, I think that's because secretly he was massively nervous and the only way to compensate was to shout and talk over the inevitable cringe and awkward! Looks like James and Jeremy had a lot of beer waiting in their chuffered Range Rovers, lucky bastards.

Anyone with too much time on the hands care to explain why they had to heat the Focus RS' up? The tour guide made NO sense of that!

Last edited:
Anyone else hear the Bennetton F1 car fire up ? :w00t:

That pink swift was MENTAL.

then this really lame V-Power thing where a 1-series BMW lit up (it had holes in it through which lights were shone) as the tank "filled up" (video of fuel gauge going up on-screen). Then it drove off lamely- no screeching tyre or anything.

at the show i went to (friday) someone yelled out "that was shit", to which everyone laughed