Top Gear Magazine - Aston czy Ferrari?

I also prefer older ones, aspecially '77 V8 Vantage.

Why can't they get at least 500 in the DB9, for instanse? 450 would be enough for me, but it has to be said, the DB9 lacks power, especially if you take a peep at the Ferrari 599.
Wait for the DB9 Vantage. :)

OT: Shit, I can't get a hang of vBulletin. :|
Why the hell I can't change the name of the topic and add a poll?

Last edited:
I think the new Astons are as Top Gear has pointed out, sub zero.

But they have a wift of footballers and new money.

Sure, a Footballer or a new rich might buy a 77 V8 Vantage, but they'd have to be interested in Aston Martin to do so. That's why I think they're cars for people who want to have the car in their bed, intead of having a girl called Colleen in their bed. :p

See its the imperfections that set most people off of cool cars. The Vanquish was more or less ignored by celebrities because it had a useless manual transmission, and was a little hard to drive at higher speeds. The DB9 comes standard with an auto, costs much less and in the eyes of most people looks NO different than the Vanquish.

The Bentley Arnage is enormous and the interior falls apart and is extremely powerful and could kill you if you thought its ok to turn the TC off for the first time.
The contintental GT looks sleek and modern and is built better (VW) and is AWD so anyone can drive it.

The last Benz supercar was the CLK-GTR. It was light, absurdly powerful and just about undriveable day to day; a race car masquerading as a road car.
The SLR is a Mclaren gone wrong. It handles well thanks to Mclaren, yet its powerful but heavy, supposedly very user-friendly, has an auto and it doesnt look anywhere near as radical as the CLK-GTR did.

Granted they were produced for different reasons, but its just a general comparison. Cars by cool car companies that are made for the "new money" generation are almost always a disaster if you ask me.

I've got a subscription so I guess I don't get a choice in which cover I end up getting. If I did get to choose though, it'd be an Aston without a doubt. If the question is purely which is coolest, the Aston has to win it. The Ferrari is the better driving machine, but it can't compete in the cool-stakes.

See its the imperfections that set most people off of cool cars. The Vanquish was more or less ignored by celebrities because it had a useless manual transmission, and was a little hard to drive at higher speeds. The DB9 comes standard with an auto, costs much less and in the eyes of most people looks NO different than the Vanquish.

The Bentley Arnage is enormous and the interior falls apart and is extremely powerful and could kill you if you thought its ok to turn the TC off for the first time.
The contintental GT looks sleek and modern and is built better (VW) and is AWD so anyone can drive it.

The last Benz supercar was the CLK-GTR. It was light, absurdly powerful and just about undriveable day to day; a race car masquerading as a road car.
The SLR is a Mclaren gone wrong. It handles well thanks to Mclaren, yet its powerful but heavy, supposedly very user-friendly, has an auto and it doesnt look anywhere near as radical as the CLK-GTR did.

Granted they were produced for different reasons, but its just a general comparison. Cars by cool car companies that are made for the "new money" generation are almost always a disaster if you ask me.
New Money would buy the Vanquish. If I am right, the Standard Vanquish is about as fast around a track as the DB9?

But I agree on your other points. But as a dayly driver, the Continental GT seems like a really good car, incredibly fast car.

Err.. but if I were to get a Bentley.. I'd get an Arnage T. When I was in London I saw many Bentleys, and the Continental GT did not float my boat in the same way as the Arnages I saw.

The Arnage is a serious car.

The Arnage has a mighty presence about it, and who cares that something might drop off?
Some cars may not be perfect but it's their badness that makes them special, GT, unlike the Arnage, isn't.

That's why I think they're cars for people who want to have the car in their bed
I'm the sort of nut who likes the idea of that. :p

Last edited:
Funny thing about that - I can't see any way in which a Vanquish is better than a DB9. It seems they did what Jezza said Porsche didn't do with the Cayman - they made it the best it could be, regardless of where it was supposed to slot in the range.

As for the Bentley Continental GT - that is axoimatic of the coolness problem - its great and totally ruined by its customers, in America at least. If you guys have ever seen Mtv's "Cribs" everyone has Continental GT's. Its a "new money" cliche here now - just like Ferrari's. Here they are driven for the badge - not because they are a great machine. I'm more of a Flying Spur fan - for all the reasons James May cites. I love sedans with only 4 seats.....for some reason.

Due to typical supercar ownership (in America) - I think it breaks down like this:
Maybach, Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche - uncool
Ford (GT), Aston, Lambo, Rolls, Lotus, Maserati - cool

I dunno about the SLR - Donald Trump has one.........

Funny thing about that - I can't see any way in which a Vanquish is better than a DB9. It seems they did what Jezza said Porsche didn't do with the Cayman - they made it the best it could be, regardless of where it was supposed to slot in the range.

As for the Bentley Continental GT - that is axoimatic of the coolness problem - its great and totally ruined by its customers, in America at least. If you guys have ever seen Mtv's "Cribs" everyone has Continental GT's. Its a "new money" cliche here now - just like Ferrari's. Here they are driven for the badge - not because they are a great machine. I'm more of a Flying Spur fan - for all the reasons James May cites. I love sedans with only 4 seats.....for some reason.

Due to typical supercar ownership (in America) - I think it breaks down like this:
Maybach, Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche - uncool
Ford (GT), Aston, Lambo, Rolls, Lotus, Maserati - cool

I dunno about the SLR - Donald Trump has one.........
Couldn't agree more. Very nice summed up.

Ferrari's are a true engineering showcase. They are all-around excellent cars.

The looks of the DB9 aren't enough for Aston to get my vote.