Top Gear Magazine - Aston czy Ferrari?

considering just how lame Aston got in the last few years, i know where my vote would go

I love Ferrari, but in the magazine they made the Aston look cool with those lights. As a machine I'll take Ferrari with it's good designs, but my god Astons look spectacular. Ugh this is hard to chose, since there was a recent Ferrari cover too, so I guess it's Aston's turn for the magazine cover. But in real life, I chose Ferrari.

You should have used or instead of czy ;).

I myself would choose the Ferrari but more of the GT cruiser ones. Either the 612 or 599.

Ive got an aston issue on its way :)

an enzo is a lot cooler than a db9
a db9 is a lot cooler than a 360 though

so...i'll get a lambo :D

an enzo is a lot cooler than a db9
a db9 is a lot cooler than a 360 though

so...i'll get a lambo :D
I don't think the Enzo is cool. It's one of the least coolest supercars IMO. Dunno why though....

I dunno, my vote is for the ferrari. At least they try to make new designs and improve. Make drastic changes to the looks of the car.
All of Aston's models look the same. They just make it a bit bigger or a bit smaller, change the engine or some tiny details. Yes, they are good looking and well made but at the same time without any fire in them, like Porsche. Boring.

You DO NOT want to come driving in a Ferrari to your girlfriends parents the first time you meet them. They'll think you're a burk.

You come in an Aston, let's face it, everybody - unlike bartboy9891 anyway - loves an Aston.

My vote goes to Aston Martin. It's the only brand that is not ruined by who drive them. It's like a very nice girl with a bad boyfriend. No matter how the guy speaks and behaves, you won't go round saying "She's so lame". Right.

Leaving quality out of it, just talking about coolness - its Aston.
The girlfriend's parents thing is very true: Ferrari's are obvious, ostentatious, and largely bought by people who don't appriciate it as a machine, but as a status symbol. New Bentleys have the same problem - their customers. Having an Aston takes a modicum of car knowledge. I also think it says something that hard edged performance and bright colors are sacrificed for a (comparatively) luxurious British racing green GT car whose badge doesn't instantly evoke thoughts of frivolously blown mega-wealth.

That said - Ferrari's are an engineering masterpiece beyond compare.

Concerning the Enzo - I don' think any cars that approximate the look of F1 cars are cool. (See F50, SLR, and SLK)

Last edited:
Leaving quality out of it, just talking about coolness - its Aston.
The girlfriend's parents thing is very true: Ferrari's are obvious, ostentatious, and largely bought by people who don't appriciate it as a machine, but as a status symbol. New Bentleys have the same problem - their customers. Having an Aston takes a modicum of car knowledge. I also think it says something that hard edged performance and bright colors are sacrificed for a (comparatively) luxurious British racing green GT car whose badge doesn't instantly evoke thoughts of frivolously blown mega-wealth.

That said - Ferrari's are an engineering masterpiece beyond compare.

Concerning the Enzo - I don' think any cars that approximate the look of F1 cars are cool. (See F50, SLR, and SLK)
What you should think about, is having an Classic of both brands. If you have a 70s Ferrari, people will think you have a moustache, curly hair and a hairy chest with an open pink shirt, even if you don't.

If you come in a 70s Aston on the other hand. People will love you. They'll think you're a sort of sophisticated person with good taste.

I love the Ferrari in those pics in the link, it looks like one of the old Group C race cars.

You DO NOT want to come driving in a Ferrari to your girlfriends parents the first time you meet them. They'll think you're a burk.

You come in an Aston, let's face it, everybody - unlike bartboy9891 anyway - loves an Aston.

My vote goes to Aston Martin. It's the only brand that is not ruined by who drive them. It's like a very nice girl with a bad boyfriend. No matter how the guy speaks and behaves, you won't go round saying "She's so lame". Right.
I love older Astons, the DB7 is probably one of my favorite cars of all time. Hell, i even loved the Vanquish.
But something seemed to fall apart with the DB9 and the new Vantage. Can't really explain it, but its like what happened when Bentley introduced the Continental GT.

I love both the DB9 and the V8 Vantage. They look stunning. But I prefer the older ones, to be frank. You could get the 2000 V8 Vantage with up to 600hp. Why can't they get at least 500 in the DB9, for instanse? 450 would be enough for me, but it has to be said, the DB9 lacks power, especially if you take a peep at the Ferrari 599.

In the old days, an Aston would have all the power in the world, and some of the sun too.

Sure they're very very fast, but fast enough to keep up with tradition?