Top Gear [NOT] Back June 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it out, is it The Stig getting in a few practice laps of the Nurburgring before the season goes back on air? :p

http://img231.imageshack.**/img231/18/stigtd3.jpg

^ :lol:

I'm disappointed, 6 episodes :(

Only six? Damn! Maybe switching to HD is eating too much of the budget. :(

More episodes for the first half of the year might mean less in the second half, they most likely have a fixed budget to stick to.

Six is not great, but it?s ok for the summer, especially if they make really good and strong six episodes. And in the winter, we will probably have around ten.

^ Series 7 was only six episodes, and we all know how that series turned out. :thumbup:

Except these six episodes will be filled with dumb bullshit that has minimal entertainment value and next to nothing to do with cars. bah

Yes, but TopGear tends to be 10 episodes long. Series 1, 2, 4 and 10 were all ten episodes long. Series 3 and 5 had 9 episodes and series 6 even had 11.

Six episodes is not nearly enough.

Six episodes is the average legnth of a British Entertainment TV show - almost all comedies and ent shows are six eps a series so it's not that unusual.

That's true, but Top Gear used to be a lot more than 6 per series in the first few years.

6 is pretty pathetic if I'm honest; they better make it good. Are we gonna get another series this year or is this it?

If they only do six now, they'll be finished by early August. My guess is that in that case there will be another series by the end of the year. It happened before. The sixth series ended in August 2006, the seventh started in November. Likewise, the eight series ended late July and the ninth series were supposed to have started in the autumn, but were postponed for obvious reasons.

I have the LSAT on Monday so at least after the test i know that will have a good come down.

While its good to see they are correcting themselves, it should have never been officially put out there that it would start on June 15th.

This type of negligence could be expected from a simple blog, but not the BBC itself. Hearing a rumor then sending an email to millions of people is completely irresponsible. I honestly hope someone is held accountable for this, not because I'm disappointed but because whoever made that decision is a complete dope.