Top Gear [NOT] Back June 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

silly silly top gear. only 6 epps - that's just a tease.

This type of negligence could be expected from a simple blog, but not the BBC itself.

In their defense, the newsletter is by the Top Gear department (mainly the magazine and website parts of TG too I gather) rather than some dedicated blogging/e-mail part of the BBC.

Hmm...maybe another special after that series. Remember Series 7 was 6 episode and then they had the Winter Olympics Special? Series 9 had 6 eps and then the Polar Special. It all fits in...or is it just me missing Top Gear too much?

6 eps? WTF? It would be okay if it were 2 series of 6 eps with a month or 2 inbetween, but 6 eps? They better all be hour long tales of wonderfulness and awe. And stupid challenges, yes.

Or just make 6 eps of 2 hrs each :p

This type of negligence could be expected from a simple blog, but not the BBC itself. Hearing a rumor then sending an email to millions of people is completely irresponsible. I honestly hope someone is held accountable for this, not because I'm disappointed but because whoever made that decision is a complete dope.

Negligence? Hold someone accountable? Jesus, get a grip, they just got a date wrong. Besides which, you're the one whinging about the series before it even starts, so surely you shouldn't care less.

Just because I complain doesn't mean I care, surely you know that. Some of the harshest critics care the most.

Don't tell me to get a grip. That was this persons job, and they failed to check the facts. They screwed up.

I don't get it and maybe some one can tell me other wise, Top Gear has to be the most viewed show on BBC2? so why is it they nearly destroying it by killing off more episodes. I mean why?

Awwww I'm gutted. The thought of new TG was getting me through my exams.

I don't get it and maybe some one can tell me other wise, Top Gear has to be the most viewed show on BBC2? so why is it they nearly destroying it by killing off more episodes. I mean why?

Jesus, why don't you just think about that one for a second?

We all want Top Gear to come back with a shit load of new episodes, but it doesn't stand to reason that the BBC just pump out new Top Gear because it's their most popular show.

It could be lots of reasons... maybe the team isn't interested in doing any more episodes at this juncture in their lives, maybe the BBC doesn't wanna flood the tube with Top Gear, or maybe there just aren't enough cool new cars to warrant any more episodes per series.

Hmm, that last one is actually rather plausible. In the earlier series of the show, there was lots of cool cars they could review. When new Top Gear came on, the Zonda and Koenigsegg were relatively new, and the Enzo, Carrera GT, McMerc SLR, Ford GT and Veyron had not even come out yet. Sure we get some exciting cars nowadays, but the early 2000s definitely had a huge increase in supercar debuts.

Reactions: fbc
^ Spot on - yes, six episodes is a short run, but I'd much rather a short run of quality than a longer one that suffers as a result of the extra load on the guys.

If they are starting towards the end of June it's probably the Olympics coverage that is cutting the series short.

^ That's a good point. Damn the Olympics to hell, I was looking for an excuse to jump on the Tibet boycott bandwagon anyway. :p

Tickets for June

Tickets for June

Interesting on the false start date.

I was offered filming tickets a few weeks ago for filming on June 18th and June 25th - I've taken the option of June 25th, and have 4 tickets in my hand now from Applause Store.

So have AS also got it wrong and are issuing tickets for a show that doesnt exist, or is June18th the first episode - for airing June 22nd.

Thanks theboyG.

Music to my... um... eyes.

Damn I don't know why everyone's making such a fuss, you've waited this long, so you can wait a few more days yet. I'd be rather disappointed if the new series does in fact have only 6 episode, but to be honest, I'd much rather prefer quality than quantity. Here's to hoping for a another Series 7!

Interesting on the false start date.

I was offered filming tickets a few weeks ago for filming on June 18th and June 25th - I've taken the option of June 25th, and have 4 tickets in my hand now from Applause Store.

So have AS also got it wrong and are issuing tickets for a show that doesnt exist, or is June18th the first episode - for airing June 22nd.

Out of interest how long have you been on the waiting list now. I have been on it for at least 2 years.

Out of interest how long have you been on the waiting list now. I have been on it for at least 2 years.

Since 2003

Even when I went to Dunsfold to film with Clarkson last year - still didnt get tickets for that series.

I'm sure he wanted me to chunder as he threw the car about. I resisted.

if you pay for AS' premium service, youll get tickets quicker.