Top Gear on You Tube

Surprisingly, I received a prompt response this time round:

Hi there,

Thanks for your email.

Federal law requires that we terminate accounts when they are found to
repeatedly infringe copyright. Unfortunately as of now once an account is
suspended the username is gone and unavailable for future use. BBC will
let us know in the future what they will allow on our site. So far my
department has not been notified of any changes.
Hope this helps,

Jeffrey

Oh how youtube anger me.

I uploaded full episodes with much better quality than that crap and at first they suspended my account but I just checked it and they permanently disabled it. :(

Thats because you uploaded full episodes - the BBC is allowing short form clips that help to promote the show not whole episodes that infringe their copyright.

The idea being that eventually, when they launch the iPlayer internationally people will be shown a link from the You Tube Top Gear Clip to the iPlayer where they can pay to download the whole episode.

Thats because you uploaded full episodes - the BBC is allowing short form clips that help to promote the show not whole episodes that infringe their copyright.

The idea being that eventually, when they launch the iPlayer internationally people will be shown a link from the You Tube Top Gear Clip to the iPlayer where they can pay to download the whole episode.

Yes, whereas I only uploaded very short clips :(

Not wanting to sound like a You Tube apologist and I honestly am with you on this but it's probably a case of their publishing system not letting them re-instate a banned user - I've been faced with seriously heavy restrictions on publishing systems myself.

It is an arse though.

^ I thought this would just be some noob asking someone to re-up a video or something, but cool- hope this goes ahead (even though I have all of the eps, it would help my less FTP/torrent-able friends to see them).

Dear god that's crap quality. I can only assume the BBC did this on purpose so it wouldn't be an alternative to watching the actual show. That's ridiculously stupid of course but try explaining that to a big corp :/