Top Gear Russia

If this show is actually made, I will give it a chance (because I speak Russian), but as mentioned earlier, I would LOVE to see a TGUK Russian special where the boys go to Russia and buy cars for 1500 Pounds (68,228.18 Rubles), or do some kind of race from Moscow to Siberia (Maybe James and Richard can take that airplane that rides a foot above the ground from James May's Big Ideas ep1 and race it against Jeremy in some car)!

Actually this and the other versions have ruined the specials in other countries, because they have their own TG. Or, if they still go ahead, there will be some tedious session where they have to meet up with the resident TG boys.

Big mistake Top Gear, big big mistake. If they introduce another version I might just stop watching TG, like I did with Fifth Gear. Sad thought I know.

...or do some kind of race from Moscow to Siberia (Maybe James and Richard can take that airplane that rides a foot above the ground from James May's Big Ideas ep1 and race it against Jeremy in some car)!

That would be the next best race after Veyron vs Eurofighter. That Russian plane is a monster. Only I cant think of any car that could match that plane... The new 4 door Lambo?...

Last edited:
If this is done with a decent budget it has the potential to be awesome. Russia has some pretty amazing places they could use.

But my guess is it will just be ridiculous and probably made to a price.

Interesting idea. I want to watch it but i dont understand Russia, and our rips will have to come with subtitles. Im fine with it. Hopefully more interesting than top gear Australia.

Well, I'm quite looking forward to seeing Top Gear Russia ... just hope some rips come out with English subtitles.

I guess I can understand the bitching here ... market saturation and the rest of it, but I'd rather see a Russian version of Top Gear than a Russian version of Dancing With The Biggest Loser (or some other franchised reality program). :)

Hey, good original call madonion on the original sniff of the story and for bearing with the sceptics and naysayers - well done +1 to you
and
:welcome:
welcome to the Forums.

Top Gear for Russia, why not!
Russia is a G8 country that already has a Trillion dollar economy and will doubtless spend more and more on cars as the economy develops more. So a big interest in a good TV car show makes sense.
Top Gear Live world tour announced that Moscow was on the target list, but not yet signed up.

This could be hilariously funny either in a good way or bad way.

Madonion, will need you or the other Russian speakers on the forums to plan / organise a Subtitle Project for this, please.

Well....ummm...aahhh....

Didnt see that one coming for one second.

i probably won't watch this, i think reading subtitles take away from the viewing experience. but then again, i watched the d-motor vs top gear special with subtitles and it was still pretty enjoyable (i like german humour for some reason).

i dont know much about russian stuff though. so i guess it will depend on whether or not the show is really good. in other words, i'll wait and see how you guys rate it before i give it a go.

i probably won't watch this, i think reading subtitles take away from the viewing experience. but then again, i watched the d-motor vs top gear special with subtitles and it was still pretty enjoyable (i like german humour for some reason).

Would you prefer half-assed dubbing?

Would you prefer half-assed dubbing?

haha absolutely not! unless of course you're the one dubbing it. in that case i'll watch it while im blazed and have a good time.

seriously though dubbing ruins some truly great stuff, old school cantonese movies for example.

I'll watch it if it's subbed, massive respect for russian tech :D

They make some pretty badass planes in Russia so hopefully some badass cars.

i have to say i think a lot of you guys have a pretty backward view of what russia is today. there is a hell of a lot of money there and it's not all just crappy old ladas and fiats bumping their way down potholed muddy highways these days. that does still happen but the same can be said for anywhere in the world. i've got a few close mates that have been to russia several times and love the joint.

i reckon it's going to be pretty different to the two versions we've already got though. looking forward to it - if i can understand what the hell is going on :blink:

How many local versions are they planning on doing?

Australia, USA, Russia... What will follow? Dubai? India? China? South Africa?

I really want all these to be good, but I fear the tipping point - where over-copying reflects badly on the original.

And with all this effort everywhere outside the amazing original version... I can't help but wonder... How much longer until we hear the UK version is ending?

Man, I hope I'm wrong...

Lfk.jpg

Let's hope that doesn't happen with a car. :p