Top Gear Russia

So guess they are going to review the new X6... their all time favourite the G55 AMG and as a special a T-72 Superlaggera

Nahh Russia has a lot of money so we'll see reviews of mostly good cars. They've got some pretty young new generation race drivers.

So guess they are going to review the new X6... their all time favourite the G55 AMG and as a special a T-72 Superlaggera

Well, I still haven't noticed many X6 in Moscow, just one or two. And you're quite right about military vehicles. There's been information that they've already filmed a military truck GAZ-66 with a tiny Oka car being dropped into it from a crane.

And I am quite curious about Russian equivalent of the Cool Wall. You know, in TG Australia they have "What were they thinking" section instead.

I assume there might be a "Survival wall" to measure how long a car will keep going on severe Russian roads:( with severe Russian climate:cool: and with severe Russian treatment:D.

i doubt that somebody would be bothering translating TGR episodes in English. even if the show will be watching by original TG fans, who can actually do it. so learn Russian, you have 2 months left... :)
Heh heh... no subtitles needed for me. :cool:

That said, I'm intrigued to see the first episodes because Russian humor tends to be as witty as the Brits.

As James May would say ...... "Hello"
81838353.jpg

:wave:
What are you all on? She's ugly. :?

This will be interesting. Why some people say this show will be crappy, before even giving it a chance? It will suck for those who do not speak Russian. But maybe TG Russia will either air it in UK with subtitles or I am sure we will find it in "WAREZ" world.

We"ll just have to wait and see what it's like. If its anything like Glavnaya Doroga, where the hosts literally yell at your from the screen, I highly doubt that I will be watching it.

I'll give it a shot, I suppose.

I would hate to be the person who does the subtitles. Each episode is 1h long. But since I'm Russian, I don't need them :)

I would hate to be the person who does the subtitles. Each episode is 1h long. But since I'm Russian, I don't need them :)

The show itself is going to be just hilarious ... I can give a hand if someone wants to get episodes subtitled , the only problem is - we will need more than one person on this project :p

I would hate to be the person who does the subtitles. Each episode is 1h long.
There would certainly be an audience that is possibly excluded from fully enjoying the show... while subtitled shows can still be enjoyed, people who watch the Russian Top Gear but don't speak the language may still miss out on certain bits of sarcasm or expressions that require a high-level knowledge of the Russian language to fully appreciate.

My Russian speaking parents for example (who have a moderate grasp of English) didn't fully understand some of the British humor in Top Gear when they watched an episode with me.

But since I'm Russian, I don't need them :)
Vodka will take care of that. :p

Contents of Episode 1 TG Russian Edition Announced!

Contents of Episode 1 TG Russian Edition Announced!

Those who are looking forward to the first episode of TG Russian Edition should be curious about its contents. They have been announced recently and here they are (I beg your pardon for my translation of this news from Russian):

Coming on February, 22 at 19.00 (Moscow time) on Ren TV

* The hosts are going to swap their personal cars with each other and test them! These will be a Porsche from 1985, a Range Rover and a Mazda! Which of the cars will be the farstest when driven by the made-in-Russia Stig?
* The second challenge is a race across St. Petersburg: Nikolay Fomenko on a Porsche will try to overtake a real speed boat ?Checkmate Stilletto? conned by Micheal Petrovsky! Porsche's top speed is much higher but on the other hand water channels of St. Petersburg don't have traffic jams and accidents. So who's going to win?
* The third scene will take place on a secret test track. You will see a home-made Lada Kalina test-driven by Russian celebrities.

Last edited:
I think I actually am looking forward to this. I've never seen Russian TV programmes before so at least it will be something new.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Also, given the format and the fact that it's still Top Gear, you can probably get by reasonably well not speaking Russian.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Also, given the format and the fact that it's still Top Gear, you can probably get by reasonably well not speaking Russian.

And, a good excuse to learn Russian.

Live broadcast of TG RE on Russian TV

Live broadcast of TG RE on Russian TV

Well, I'm very pleased to see that there are autofans who are ready to watch the first episode even in Russian.

For you, mates, I can suggest to use this link 1 or this link 2 (choose the one, that works at the moment) to a live broadcast of REN TV channel, where TG RE will be originally presented.

And if you are really determined to watch the show on the Russian channel, please keep in mind that Moscow time is UTC+3H.

Last edited: