Top Gear Russia

HotCooler

Car(s)
Lada 2105
I can surely help with this. I can also reupload stuff and seed it xD I can eved do a live broadcase via flash for ~60-70ppl online xD (I was translating E3 2008 conferences live for 50ppl once, quite fun actually xD But way too had to translate and then speek stuff on the fly.. )

Anyway, I'm in!

HotCooler

Car(s)
Lada 2105
Currently downloading the first episode that aried today.. We'll see what they come up with. I'll post my thoughts here later.

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
Me too. Don't have much time lately, so we'll see if I can actually sub any substantial part of it.

Anyway, from what I read on the torrent comments, it's UTTER SHIT, so don't get excited just yet :D
P.S. I'm downloading the 700MB version, as it seemed the most scene-ishly looking to me.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Me too. Don't have much time lately, so we'll see if I can actually sub any substantial part of it.

Anyway, from what I read on the torrent comments, it's UTTER SHIT, so don't get excited just yet :D
P.S. I'm downloading the 700MB version, as it seemed the most scene-ishly looking to me.
I got the 700MB rip, and the quality is fine.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
No, I was rather talking about the content. I only had time for a quick preview myself, looked fine if a bit overacted. Many chaps disagree, though.
Oh. IMO its fine for 01x01. If this were 13x01, it would be unacceptable.

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
Done 8 minutes so far, bloody hard job this. I definitely won't be able to keep up with the series on my own :?

HotCooler

Car(s)
Lada 2105
I actually think to wait a bit with subtitling... atlease to second episode... For now IMO it's not worth subtitling..

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
I actually think to wait a bit with subtitling... atlease to second episode... For now IMO it's not worth subtitling..
The subtitles are almost done, other guys are doing final checks and timing some time today. So the release is near.

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
The subtitles are almost done, other guys are doing final checks and timing some time today. So the release is near.
Nice. We should probably just distribute the job next time. I guess I won't be finishing mine then, unless yours are bloody awful :lol:

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
Nice. We should probably just distribute the job next time. I guess I won't be finishing mine then, unless yours are bloody awful :lol:
There was a link posted to a google group earlier in this thread. Follow it :)

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
There was a link posted to a google group earlier in this thread. Follow it :)
I am the OP, I don't have to read all the bloody thread to be allowed to rant pointlessly! :shakefist:

:lol: allright allright I'm joining the group lol :lol:

ViperVX

I can translate the whole episode in about two hours or so (and very well), just need the .srt with Russian text.

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
I can translate the whole episode in about two hours or so (and very well), just need the .srt with Russian text.
Haha, I dare you to just type that much text in two hours :lol: For instance, Ep3 had 430 lines of text.

But your translation skills are of course welcome, only it would be nicer if you could do it directly from video... But russian text could be arranged as well, probably. At least for a part of the episode.

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
Now I've downloaded them from torrent but can you upload somewhere only subtitles for those who have already downloaded the episode?

Or contact me so I'll do it.

ViperVX

It's pretty easy to translate ready made texts, at least for me as i am used to translating subtitles, did a couple of movies, a whole bunch of Family Guy episodes, two of them turned out quite well, just need subtitles in russian. My only question is how can i join the "project" ?

Last edited:

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
It's pretty easy to translate ready made texts, at least for me as i am used to translating subtitles, did a couple of movies, a whole bunch of Family Guy episodes, two of them turned out quite well, just need subtitles in russian. My only question is how can i join the "project" ?
Here's the link: http://groups.google.ru/group/tgrsub

Now I've downloaded them from torrent but can you upload somewhere only subtitles for those who have already downloaded the episode?

Or contact me so I'll do it.
Well, torrent is nice in that respect, that you don't have to download everything. You can chose just the subtitle file alone from the pack with pretty much any client (and ?torrent is the one you should be using ;))