Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
This was split from the calendar thread. -Viper

Hi guys, we try to get as good a shot as possible for the calendar each month, but we don't process the photos as much as the TV guys do.

I'll try and sort out a better quality wallpaper for those of you on higher resolutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Hi guys, we try to get as good a shot as possible for the calendar each month, but we don't process the photos as much as the TV guys do.

I'll try and sort out a better quality wallpaper for those of you on higher resolutions.
Holy crap, it's the BBC, hide! :p

(And I reversed that poster's IP: webgw0.mh.bbc.co.uk, so it's legit. :eek:)

Anyway, excellent, potentially high res walls! :D :thumbsup:

:shock:

* Derek starts kissing BBC's shoes

:lol:

I'm just here to get feedback about the show, and the site. As you probably know, we don't yet have an official forum, so its nice to read what people like and don't like about what we do.

And if I can make something better with your suggestions, then thats to everyone's advantage :)

Oooh I have a good suggestion! Tell us who the Stig is :woot: :lol:

^ I think it would be cool to see a race between the presenters (when they are all in the same car), I have a feeling Richard might be as fast/faster than Jeremy.

:thumbsup:

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I'm just here to get feedback about the show, and the site. As you probably know, we don't yet have an official forum, so its nice to read what people like and don't like about what we do.

And if I can make something better with your suggestions, then thats to everyone's advantage :)

This is bloody awesome!

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Maybe an official suggestion thread is in order? 8)
I was just about to split these posts into a new thread.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
^ I think it would be cool to see a race between the presenters (when they are all in the same car), I have a feeling Richard might be as fast/faster than Jeremy.

Actually a power lap competition would be better.

1. They'd only need one car
2. When racing the leading driver can block the following ones although they might be faster

LoudPipe said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

Actually a power lap competition would be better.

1. They'd only need one car
2. When racing the leading driver can block the following ones although they might be faster
Yeah, exactly.

I'd like to make a suggestion about the site - update the show archive. I know that you can get to quite a few past "This Week"'s by manually entering the URL, but it'd be cool if that dropdown had more than just the first season. :)

Viper007Bond said:
I'd like to make a suggestion about the site - update the show archive. I know that you can get to quite a few past "This Week"'s by manually entering the URL, but it'd be cool if that dropdown had more than just the first season. :)

Yeah, we are well aware of this problem. There is a large archive online of past content, but the issue is linking to it.

Its on my list of things to sort :)

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Its on my list of things to sort :)
Awesome. :thumbsup:

I'm presuming working for the BBC, you will have access to the archives, although I'm not sure what the deal is with actually being able to view them. Just wondering how likely it would be to be able to get all the old episodes us fans are missing - I'm presuming mostly unlikely already - not going to get my hopes up :)

Also, while I'm at it, what's your position / role in your employment by the BBC?

You think he wants to endanger his job by posting the episodes?

Overheat said:
I'm presuming working for the BBC, you will have access to the archives, although I'm not sure what the deal is with actually being able to view them. Just wondering how likely it would be to be able to get all the old episodes us fans are missing - I'm presuming mostly unlikely already - not going to get my hopes up :)

Also, while I'm at it, what's your position / role in your employment by the BBC?
He already said that's he's web related. ;)

And even if for some crazy reason he had access, as LoudPipe said...