Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

100th Episode

100th Episode

How about something special for Top Gear's 100th episode.....which I think is in S12 E05?

+1
Am surprised no one seems to have responded to this yet , but I?m new here.

It's not a long time from now, in TV production terms.

Does anyone else think a New Thread is required to discuss this?

San Francisco. Same streets as the Bullitt chase scene, new Bullitt Mustang, and new Dodge Challenger. Perhaps with some Vanishing Point thrown in. Maybe even reverse the route of Vanishing Point, taking the cars from San Francisco to Colorado. It would be cool to cover two of the all time coolest car movies.

Edit: Improvement on the idea... Put Captain Slow in a Crown Vic, then at some point or another, switch him over to an XKE!

Further Edit: If possible, have Jeremy review the FCX Clarity in the first 7 to 10 minutes of the show, and then go on from there

Last edited:
Love the road trips/adventures like the america trip, africa, polar. Cheap car challenges are great too. The usual solo reviews on the track or somewhere else are always good. The only thing I wouldn't need are these races against skiers, climbers, trains, aeroplanes. Thats my opinion on the content, the cinematography, style and music is always spot on. Oh and jokes about different nations are always hilarious :p

San Francisco. Same streets as the Bullitt chase scene, new Bullitt Mustang, and new Dodge Challenger. Perhaps with some Vanishing Point thrown in. Maybe even reverse the route of Vanishing Point, taking the cars from San Francisco to Colorado. It would be cool to cover two of the all time coolest car movies.

Edit: Improvement on the idea... Put Captain Slow in a Crown Vic, then at some point or another, switch him over to an XKE!

Great idea! :)

1954 Jaguar xk120 roadster VS. 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing coupe VS. 1957 327 injected (327hp, 1 per cubic inch gross) Chevrolet Corvette. It would be excellent to see these three cars on a road trip in Europe. Some explanation of the xk140 and xk150 would also be great to see.

Alain de Cadenet on SIARPC!

EDIT: Got to thinking about this, and the 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder seems like it would be more suitable for this than the Merc. Just watch out for any Ford station wagons.

Last edited:
I remember a while back in Season 2 where they pitted politicians against each other in order to resolve the "disastrous" turnout at the polls, or something along those lines. They should replace SIARPC with such "battles", not neccessarily politicians, but a bunch of people representing some sort of group or team and pit them against each other, instead of having dull interviews with British celebrities that no one has ever heard of outside of their borders.

instead of having dull interviews with British celebrities that no one has ever heard of outside of their borders.

Haven't we been over this, show paid for by UK viewers appeals to UK viewers: rest of world can go get stuffed...

Old Lotus Challenge, like so many other of the old car challenges, only using Lotus' exclusviely.

Haven't we been over this, show paid for by UK viewers appeals to UK viewers: rest of world can go get stuffed...

Yet, its popularity has undoubtedly spread to other BBC channels such as Prime and Knowledge. Since we foreigners pay for those then...

Build an electric car challenge. Either a group effort to build one car, or let all 3 presenters build their own and compete against each other.

Edit: Fuel cell or hydrogen power would also be pretty cool

Last edited:
"Hang on a minute lads I've got a great idea"

Next year is the 40th Anniversary of The Italian Job movie, and I think it would make the perfect excuse for a Top Gear special.

How about some of the following:

Clarkson in a Muira recreating the opening sequence (minus the bulldozer of course!) the original road/bridge and tunnel all still exist.
May visiting the London locations in Caine's old Aston DB4 convertible.
Hamster in Turin in an old series 2 Landy visiting some of the Italian locations.

All 3 presenters on the Top Gear test track trying their best to recreate some of the stunts with 3 old mini's.

The Final challenge is obvious. Starting from the Fiat Lingotto test track in Turin the 3 presenters (using the red, white and blue mini Coopers of course) must get a boot full of gold (something daft like a box of Ferrero Rocher) across Turin in formation and up into the alps to the finish (the Col de Nivolet where the bus hung over the cliff edge) before sunset.
There could also be the possibility of using co-drivers for this?...

If you could get an interview with Michael Caine (SIARPC) that would be the icing on the cake. If he doesn't want to drive, then allow him the privilege of a drive by proxy, where he can pick anyone he wants to set a time.

You don't even have to do much research as this great website has done all the hard work for you!.

http://www.theitalianjob.com

Just my 2p's worth of a suggestion, and best of luck with the next series.

Cheers,

Altabani

100th episode, tribute to Britain; British landmarks and monuments, British triumphs in technology and over other nations, and of course, British cars. Since Britain is known for being a seafaring nation, it should definitely include something with the water. Some kind of thank you to all the people behind Top Gear is needed, for years of bringing us one of the best shows in the world!

I would love to see them do the endurance race again in the next Season and take a bit more seriously maybe.

"Hang on a minute lads I've got a great idea"

Next year is the 40th Anniversary of The Italian Job movie, and I think it would make the perfect excuse for a Top Gear special.

How about some of the following:

Clarkson in a Muira recreating the opening sequence (minus the bulldozer of course!) the original road/bridge and tunnel all still exist.
May visiting the London locations in Caine's old Aston DB4 convertible.
Hamster in Turin in an old series 2 Landy visiting some of the Italian locations.

All 3 presenters on the Top Gear test track trying their best to recreate some of the stunts with 3 old mini's.

The Final challenge is obvious. Starting from the Fiat Lingotto test track in Turin the 3 presenters (using the red, white and blue mini Coopers of course) must get a boot full of gold (something daft like a box of Ferrero Rocher) across Turin in formation and up into the alps to the finish (the Col de Nivolet where the bus hung over the cliff edge) before sunset.
There could also be the possibility of using co-drivers for this?...

If you could get an interview with Michael Caine (SIARPC) that would be the icing on the cake. If he doesn't want to drive, then allow him the privilege of a drive by proxy, where he can pick anyone he wants to set a time.

You don't even have to do much research as this great website has done all the hard work for you!.

http://www.theitalianjob.com

Just my 2p's worth of a suggestion, and best of luck with the next series.

Cheers,

Altabani

That's a fantastic idea, they should definately do something to that extent!
:mrgreen:

Em, I would suggest Russian Special. I suppose it will interesting and mind-blowing. I think that we here in Russia can help TG Team with all the possible problems here.

TG vs. the road of bones
trying to make their way through siberia in ladas and zils!

or a "backpackers roadtest race"? - james, jezza and richard hitchhiking seperately to a certain location, having to rate the cars they get picked up... in a brutaly honest way, focusing on what it says about you as a person :?

i especially would like to see them do a sportscar offroad special. i.e. driving <1000 pound sportscars through the australian outback.

and my final wish: let 'em build the ultimate ambulance/firetruck. and by ultimate i mean deafening loud, bright as the sun and equipped with extras like bulldozer-blade or howitzer.. see, i'm half-time student and half time paramedic, yet after several years spent in an ambulance's driver's seat i've started to call sirens & flashlights the "stealth mode", for it often seems to me that all the other people on the street either really can't see moderately loud and shiny cars, or they are shocked by my sudden appearance in their rear mirror - but not shocked enough, i think we need to stunn them! (and therefore should be able to elegantly take their car's out of harms way, or at least ours) :blink:

Four wheel drive SUV vs. 4 door saloon vs. people carrier through a series of challenges. Each car is best suited for one thing or another, so there should be an off road challenge, a city commute challenge, and a school run challenge

Yanks!

Yanks!

What would really spice up the show would to hire me as a test driver and get a Yanks perspective on these rides. Call me