Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

Top Gear racing, or just driving, along the course of the Carrera Panamericana race.

1) A highest fuel mileage race, where the presenters compete to get the best mileage in new, and interesting economy cars. To make it even harder, the presenters could be given an overall challenge to make it from one point to another, in a limited amount of time, so as not to allow them to drive sparingly.

2) A Vintage car race, where each of the three presenters pick a vintage car they adore, and race it against a group of vintage racers, and each other.

3) A journey like in the Milau bridge episode, only with each of the presenters driving their own vehicle, not just Jeremy. It could be the battle of the Porsche's vs. Clarkson's Lamborghini Gallardo.

70+ year old antique car challenge. The presenters would each buy a 70+ year old antique car, and then drive it from one point to another, on a journey that could use back roads and dirt roads, as much as possible, to duplicate the road conditions from the time when the cars were built. Along the way, they would obviously have to take part in various other challenges, perhaps some that could compare their cars to the cars of today, and maybe some to compare the performance of each of their vehicles to one another.

Top Gear driving 3 SUV's, preferably an International CXT, an International MXT, and then to top it off, Clarkson could show up in a British Military armored car.

They could drive to a place where they know there will be a large number of environmentalists, and use that as a challenge somehow.

They could also give examples of the vehicle's off-road capability, and large unwieldly on-road manners. Then go on to explain why owning one is a great idea :)

I take that back, Clarkson has to have a Brabus Unimog

Last edited:
How about this....

Everyone knows Jeremy's hatred of mod up cars, James has no style and Richard has experience of moded up cars. So each has to buy a car ?700 or less, and with a maximum budget say of ?2000 see who can mod their car up the best and enter it for one of the max car shows or Chichester Festival of Speed.:D

Top Gear muscle car Shoot-out. New Camaro, vs. new Challenger, vs. new GT-500KR.

Maybe there should be some kind of an Adobe Download of the magazine and you have to go to TG.com to see it ? It would get more hits on the site. Ok ! maybe not the whole magazine but extracts anyway.:idea: just a thought

Lotus Elise SC (supercharged) VS. Saturn Sky Redline VS. Porsche Boxster S

Yes, the British will win, and the Germans will come second, but it would still be very entertaining. Also, it would be a good excuse to put down the Americans. Americans like me would enjoy it, because we like seeing American cars that aren't terrible on Top Gear

this probably won't fit in here well, but my wife and i always thought a new voice for the tomtom gps navigation unit with james, jeremey and richard would be quite nice :D

About 18 months ago I had an idea to design and manufacture a set of dashboard toys, modelled on the guys. They were little figures that had a button on a plinth and when you pressed the button, a range of pre-recorded favourite quotes would come from the toy- e.g "You utter pirate, Powerrrrrrrrrrr, And on that bombshell, I am a driving God, What's the Norwegian for Cock?" etc etc, so being stuck in a traffic jam needed be such a complete bore and infuriating experience.
I got copyright for my designs and sent the ideas to BBC Worldwide marketing and TG HQ, but they said there was some clause to say they couldn't make money out of merchandise!?
WTF?
(I hope Andy Wilman is reading this...)
What are the keyrings, hats, CD albums and all the stuff they sell at the gazebo on a recording day then?
I still like my idea, and have many others too. I am still pursuing other avenues but i think the BBC needs to relax on their policies and accept TG is a global phenomenon and needs wider recognition in the shape of car trash and accessories for the discerning motorist or would be motorist.

And for show ideas- single decker bus racing. Summer Holiday meets On the Buses meets Days of Thunder!

Or crossing the outback without being eaten in some sort of "The Hills Have Eyes" type situation, adopting a sort of Mad Max feel, having to beg, borrow or steal fuel to make it across.
(The original "The Hills Have Eyes" was much better in my opinion)

this probably won't fit in here well, but my wife and i always thought a new voice for the tomtom gps navigation unit with james, jeremey and richard would be quite nice :D

I'd be loving a TomTom with TG voices.
May: turn right. No, I meant 2nd left. Oh cock!
Hammond: not such a driving God are you
Jezza: come on...come on...

Here's an idea. When Top Gear comes to an end (hopefully not too soon :( ), they should bring back the old "black" Stig because when he "died" Jeremy said that the navy divers went down and couldn't find him. Maybe he was teleported back to his home planet and the new one took his place. They should have like a showdown or something on the track to see who's the best Stig. It should end with both of them "dieing" (in a huge fireball of death, of course) and being teleported back to their home planet and staying there until a new Stig is needed. :lol:

How about that? :D

Not season 11 (Season 12 would be better) but i would love to see a Top Gear Ashes Episode.

Top Gear Britain vs Top Gear Australia
Clarkson/May/Hammond vs Cox/Brown/Pizzati

Top Gear Country Trip (Africa, USA) - India - Perfect for the three of them - Richard gets a Mahindra Jeep(county guy) , Clarkson with an Autorickshaw(Power!), and James with the old timer: Hindustan Ambassador(a Morris Oxford).

They could utilize the new expressways India has now too: Golden Quad from New Delhi to Bangalore or even to the Tip of India(Kanyakumari - though its a bit long 1400mi)

and with brown stig too...

Icon Car Challenge: All 3 get a classic car for no more than ?3000. I'd like to see that!