Top Gear test track

nice aerial view.. is this airport big enough for a 747 or something cuz i remember i saw one the other day parked behind the track..

do you have the original picture of your avatar Abhishek?

WooleyBooger said:
http://img493.imageshack.**/img493/6879/topgeartrack2wl.th.jpg

There was just another thread yesterday that got locked with this pic in it, And I said somthing about the hanger not actually having the TG logo on it. I t might have to do with the time this pic was taken, becuase the logo certainly doesnt look like CGI. Anyone know if it's really on there?

of course it's not there :lol:

top gear isn't even filmed in that (big) hangar ;)

bone said:

i think top gear is filmed in that hanger..but the logo really isnt on the hanger

if u watch top gear and pause the beginning of it where they show the red cars and go to the shot of the hanger......in that transition from cars to the hanger shot u'll see the logo just magically appear on the roof.

its not really there..its put there in the introduction...

u might have to try pausing it a few times during the introduction to get the right moment where it just magically appears.

actually u might not even have to pause it..
just play top gear and keep ur eyes on the hangers roof.. u'll see

qumber said:
if u watch top gear and pause the beginning of it where they show the red cars and go to the shot of the hanger......in that transition from cars to the hanger shot u'll see the logo just magically appear on the roof.

he's right!! :shock:

http://img516.imageshack.**/img516/2419/tg3oz.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.**/img516/7546/tglogo8dk.jpg

damn.... no one noticed that before?

i noticed that couple of years ago

maybe im just wierd :|

qumber said:
bone said:

i think top gear is filmed in that hanger..but the logo really isnt on the hanger

its not really there..its put there in the introduction...

u might have to try pausing it a few times during the introduction to get the right moment where it just magically appears.

bbc.co.uk/topgear said it isn't filmed there

and i beleive him :)

iirc he said it was filmed in the smallest one you see in the upper right corner of your screen during the intro

vladmitu said:
:eek: That's awfull, why would they do that ?

Because that's a huge aircraft hangar, and it would probably cost them their yearly budget to paint it on there! I like it as-is, it wouldn't even look good if it was painted on...

I got bored and decided to throw this together in case anyone wants it. Figured it'd be an alright first-post. :)

TOPGEAR_testtrack.jpg

Yeah that is an alright first post. Better than mine anyways :p

Looking at the map, I still can't figure out where most of Heaven & Hell was filmed. It was at the TG test track yeah??

LOL thanks. Don't really know about Heaven & Hell, after hearing the reviews I didn't watch it.

Finally a measurement

Finally a measurement

TestTrack.jpg

There it is.. If anyone wants to measure it themselves just type dunsford, uk on google earth, move right a smidge and go for it.. these are old pictures howver because theres no lines drawn on the track so I had to fudge it from what Ive seen.

The official track length is 1.76 miles or 9,291 feet. or 2.83 KM or even 1,664 Smoots.. whatever that is

Also the large loop around the runways measures almost exactly 3 miles.
and they lied.. the long runway from tip to tip is 1.32 miles...

bartboy9891 said:
do you have the original picture of your avatar Abhishek?
the pic in my avatar is the original one but i have something which is close to it..
http://img18.imageshack.**/img18/4231/slrcoupeimpressionsgallery0712.th.jpg

isn't there a bend before hammerhead as well?

there are 2 where they suffer understeer, hammerhead and the other one (which comes before hammerhead)

Yeah its the one all the way up there.. the turn before hammerhead.. they edit the runs so it looks like it happens right there but if YOU time the runs youll see the 1:30 seconds happens in 0:35 sometimes..