Top Gear test track

Bump!

Google Earth seems to have updated their images, so here's a recent shot of it:

http://img82.imageshack.**/img82/8567/topgeartrackyz7.th.jpg

I also thought I'd post saying that the main runway is 1.34 miles long and can be viewed on Google Maps right here. :)

Same shot as on last page :p

How in the hell did I miss that? :bangin:

Hasn't the track been recreated in real life somewhere?

I seem to have a very faint recollection that it has, but can't quite put me finger on it.

Hasn't the track been recreated in real life somewhere?

I seem to have a very faint recollection that it has, but can't quite put me finger on it.

Dunsfold has been replicated in videogames.

I don't see how you can ever "recreate" a racetrack. Yes you can calculate the radius of a corner, the elevation etc - but it will never be "exact". Because at Dunsfold, there are certain wear points in what is, an aircraft runway that's been in use since WW2. There will be characteristics of the tarmac, the drainage even the grass, that will only ever be like that at Dunsfold. Or the way that the sun reflects off a certain building, or even how the structures of the aerodrome affect the wind.

You could build a track that has the exact measurements of Eau Rouge, but the cars will never handle exactly as they do at Spa.

And that raises another point, on just how Top Gear can not simply be transplanted elsewhere. That Dunsfold track is as much a character, as The Stig himself.

They also added it to Street View. You can see the overlay of the route when you click the yellow guy, and you can follow the Stig around the track while he drives an SLS, probably the same one that they did the panoramic video in.