up to chicago
down to hammerhead
down the followthrough
up to the tire pile
bacharach
gambon
finish

i drove the track a few weeks ago
I think the picture on this game (see link below) gives a better idea of the track layout. It clearly shows the track is a figure of 8. Alos it shows the corners better

Its hard to tell the track layout from the 2 diagrams above

http://topgear.newcarnet.co.uk/front_ttc.html

doh said:
i drove the track a few weeks ago
I think the picture on this game (see link below) gives a better idea of the track layout. It clearly shows the track is a figure of 8. Alos it shows the corners better

Yes it does. Here it is for future reference.

looks like it'd be hard to find a fast line through a lot of those corners..
they all look fairly slow...

i wish they gave some specs on speed and g's and such
kinda like they have the datalogging on F1 - stick that into the econo car =]

bahnstormer said:

kinda like they have the datalogging on F1 - stick that into the econo car =]

Fairly slow? Have you seen the track width?

bahnstormer said:

kinda like they have the datalogging on F1 - stick that into the econo car
=]

They did in the earlier episodes. No idea why they got rid of it.

I've been waiting for that. Hell, I'd have done it myself...you know, if I knew how. :D I suppose this means I'll have to, er, buy GTR.

Leppy, two - totally and unforgiveably off-topic - things for you:
1) Best. Avatar. Ever. I actually told my mother about that scene. She, of course, had no idea what low-profile tires were, so she didn't think it was funny at all.

2) Forgive my total ignorance of popular culture, but who is that gratutiously attractive young lady in your signature image?

Scarlett Johansson. I've been asking him where he got that pic on the right

Well, she's quite pretty. Certainly not quite good enough for someone like me, but pretty enough.

:D

Although it won't be in place for the upcoming series of Top Gear and it doesn't have any bearing on recording turning g, it's possible the test track may itself be moving...

A little while ago Top Gear made some inquiries about partnering with a motorsports company to use an airfield in Oxfordshire, much nearer to Jeremy Clarkson's home. The local council gave the BBC permission to build a studio building, but the plans fell through after the motor sports company pulled out.

Now they may be back, partnering with another firm... which would suit me as that's in my neck of the woods.

The beeb have said however, "We're looking at various options, but any plans to relocate are highly speculative."

Wahoo thats my file!!!!! :D

I was just about to post the link. Anyways hope you guys enjoy, as u can see just used the dunsfold aerial photo and photshopped it with track layout

Thanks for the link aussie dude (btw lthe link is here )

sk83k

PS Kirium the coordinates are: 51*06'56.14* N 0*32'09.49* W

Is someone out there that can make the track on maybe F1 Challenge 1999-2002 game? I know there's an RH mod thing going and they can probably do that. I would be soooo happy if someone can do that. I did read above about the GTR thing, any progress yet?

Well... I found the damn place on Google Earth, that satellite thing... It appears, they did not have a decent picture of the place. They got detailed shots up to Godalming and that's it. Anythin below is like such:

TGGodalmingUK.jpg

Being an airfield, it's still legible since it's so big.

http://ukga.com/images/content/image1795.jpg

best image i've seen of the track, even though it doesn't include the hammerhead.

It does however show exactly what the "first", chicago and the follow-through look like

and for a rough estimation on size and dimensions. Standard taxiway width for airports in the UK is roughly 15m, the runways are approximately 45. Although the taxiway on this side of the photo looks to be narrower, so I'd say ten.