Top Gear - The Board Game!

tone76

Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz, 95 SAAB 900S, 97 Mazda 121
Saw an ad during Top Gear 11x01 on SBS tonight for Top Gear: The Board Game.

Interestingly, the place to buy them in Adelaide is RAA offices. (!) Will have to pop into my local RAA tomorrow and buy one ...

Dunno where to get them from in other parts of the country, though.

I saw it too in Amazon.com, and the topgear.com shop, I live in Finland and i were thinking about ordering it. Tell me what it's like when you buy it :)

Any pictures?

Actually, my wife and I were just talking about a Top Gear video game which would work better. It involves doing power laps, the Cool Wall and destroying many cars you don't like.

I've seen it at Borders - can't say I'm all that interested in getting it though.

Interesting. I'm just a sucker for board games. $39.95 is actually a reasonably priced board game these days. There's an RAA office just across the road from my work, and Borders is in Rundle Mall.

Might have to go for a walk at lunchtime ...

Interesting. I'm just a sucker for board games. $39.95 is actually a reasonably priced board game these days. There's an RAA office just across the road from my work, and Borders is in Rundle Mall.

Might have to go for a walk at lunchtime ...

$39.95... The place where I saw it was retailing it for $49.95 :(

$39.95... The place where I saw it was retailing it for $49.95 :(

I have a feeling that the RRP might be $49.95. That what the ABC Shop wants for it.

Try your local RACV office. Looks like all the Motoring Associations (NRMA, RACV, RAA etc) seem to be selling them for $39.95. I dunno if you have to be a member to get that price though.

I'll pop over to the RAA at lunchtime and have a look.

I had a better look at it today - didn't grab me at all, just not the sort of the game I'd play.

I didn't get to look at the TG board game yesterday. Now i'm thinking about it more, I'm not sure if I'll get it. The only other person I play board games with as a rule is Mrs Tone. Now, the issue here is that Mrs Tone doesn't mind TG, but she's not a car person. Not by any stretch.

I suspect that if I bought the TG board game, it would sit up in my cupboard until my son is old enough to play, and this might not be for another 7 years or so. Decisions, decisions ... :hmm:

can anyone tell me what it's actually like? is it like Trivial pursuit with questions or something?

Amazon says it looks like:

61jM4L3OrML._AA280_.jpg

JB HI FI has it on their website for $39.99.
What do you get if you cross a Ferrari 599 with a Subaru WRX and a Nissan NSX? Find out when you take the ride of your life playing the top gear ultimate car challenge. Answer all the questions correctly, complete any challenge that comes your way and set faster lap times than the Stig to collect all the points your need. The first player to collect all the required points on their Ultimate Car card and land on or pass the finish line wins.
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/369263/TOP-GEAR-ULTIMATE-CAR-CHALLENGE