Top Gear- The Perfect Road Trip

Hello, can anyone identify the song played from 47:40 to 48:10? Thank you very much.
I like this dvd, cars, sun, roads, all pretty much perfect:)

But they'd get paid if they did the Specials, wouldn't they?

yes but 8 trillion people watch top gear, only a few buy the dvds (and then put them on the internet for free)

So Id wager the TG money is lots more

yes but 8 trillion people watch top gear, only a few buy the dvds (and then put them on the internet for free)

So Id wager the TG money is lots more

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks, NooDle, and to all that offered an answer.

As this features Hammond I expected it to be terrible, but apart from the nonsense rallying I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hey guys, anyone know what song comes in at around 39:22-3, and goes to 39:57, during the E-Type/F-Type clip on the riviera.

Thanks in advance for anyone whose got an answer for me. I have irritating the feeling I'm being obtuse not recognizing it.

(And to the original Blind Io, good name! Hope you don't mind)

HOW did they drive the Blue ridge mountain parkway....but NOT the tail of the dragon, and the cherohala skyway?!? People come from around the world to drive the dragon, I am still confounded that they did not drive it!

I feel like a great trip for them would be to come back and drive the dragon (or try to at least), and follow it up with a run down the skyway :D

Last edited:
Hi there, does anyone know what song is played at around 54:47 when they get in the Bentley convertible?

Thx in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again, does anyone know the songs starting around 31:55 (when they switch to the Lambo Aventador and the Veyron convertible in Monaco)?

Thx in advance!

Hello, can anyone identify the song played from 47:40 to 48:10? Thank you very much.
I like this dvd, cars, sun, roads, all pretty much perfect:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtnLVRvypw

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again, does anyone know the songs starting around 31:55 (when they switch to the Lambo Aventador and the Veyron convertible in Monaco)?

Thx in advance!

Electrochrome by Nicholas Thomas Emmanuel Emour

I guess they are getting old, and it seems to me like the presenters themselves are tired of this kind of specials so it ends up being rubbish, but after all these years I dont expect anything else. Why cant they just make up a story/plot like they used to. When I remember Thailand, Antarctica, Botswana, Bolivia and others and how much I enjoyed them, and I can watch them again and again, but these new ones I can barely make myself watch to the end.

I guess they are getting old, and it seems to me like the presenters themselves are tired of this kind of specials so it ends up being rubbish, but after all these years I dont expect anything else. Why cant they just make up a story/plot like they used to. When I remember Thailand, Antarctica, Botswana, Bolivia and others and how much I enjoyed them, and I can watch them again and again, but these new ones I can barely make myself watch to the end.

I guess you're probably right, they are getting sloppy as they grow older and tired of it all. But I still can't imagine TG being presented by anyone else.
I know that soon they'll be replaced by other presenters but I'm afraid it just won't be as good as it was/is. I liked this special, I am watching it right now
for probably the 10th time since I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. The first time I watched it I didn't like the rallying bit very much, then as I
started re-watching it it grew on me as well as the rest of the special. By the way, Jeremy and his cheating are still funny to me.

PS: When you said Thailand, did you actually mean Vietnam?

Hello guys, does anybody know the song that played when Hammond was rallying in his 350z? Also the one when Hammond and Clarkson did the timed laps?

Thanks in advance :)

I guess they are getting old, and it seems to me like the presenters themselves are tired of this kind of specials so it ends up being rubbish

Tired of what? Jets? Exotic cars? Fascinating views? Maybe they are tired of acting and reading the script all the time like they do in recent years.

When I remember Thailand, Antarctica, Botswana, Bolivia and others and how much I enjoyed them, and I can watch them again and again, but these new ones I can barely make myself watch to the end.

Get a grip on the episodes: Thailand=Vietnam, Antarctica=The North Pole. This is so true, I can watch the "old" ones (and the really old ones) any time, but stuff like Africa special was annoying in some parts and "nice" in others (nothing too memorable or unique like the first
US special)

Last edited:
I wonder if at any point during the filming of this DVD, Hammond stepped off camera and said to himself, "why the hell am I acting like such an idiot"? I paused it while they were driving around Monza and haven't resumed in over a week... It kept reminding me of that skit where Jezza and Hamster did the stunt driving for 'The Sweeney', probably the absolute worst Top Gear segment in the history of the show.

It's a shame that I can now barely sit through more than 20 minutes of something I genuinely cherished. The presenters should do us all a favor and bow out gracefully and spare us another minute of this misery. What a shame...

I wonder if at any point during the filming of this DVD, Hammond stepped off camera and said to himself, "why the hell am I acting like such an idiot"? I paused it while they were driving around Monza and haven't resumed in over a week... It kept reminding me of that skit where Jezza and Hamster did the stunt driving for 'The Sweeney', probably the absolute worst Top Gear segment in the history of the show.

It's a shame that I can now barely sit through more than 20 minutes of something I genuinely cherished. The presenters should do us all a favor and bow out gracefully and spare us another minute of this misery. What a shame...

If you're like me and is in favor of Jeremys retirement, who would you like to see in his place? The only person I can see in his place right now is Chris Evans. Maybe, just maybe, that funny, blond mayor/ex-mayor of London. He's very naturally funny and knows about cars.

Ahh, the joys of sweeping generalizations. Not "all" of us would consider that a favour. ;)

I actually really enjoyed this movie, but I think I would have enjoyed it even more with Jezza and Cpt Slow instead of the Hamster.

I actually really enjoyed this movie, but I think I would have enjoyed it even more with Jezza and Cpt Slow instead of the Hamster.

I loved this special, but it would've been a lot of fun watching james confused with all those beautiful semi-naked women at the french
Riviera. Also, as usual, James would've probably got a bit depressed as the trip went on.

Ahh, the joys of sweeping generalizations. Not "all" of us would consider that a favour. ;)

Not trying to generalize, just really disappointed the way the presenters have adopted this caricature shtick when they do Top Gear. If you watch any of the other programs and specials they do on their own, they act normal and still do a good job presenting and adding their own unique touches to the commentary. I'm not sure who behind the scenes is pushing for this dumbed down approach but it's just awful. Compare the current Hammond with anything he did seasons 1 through 7 and the difference is night and day.

I know this has been discussed time and time again, it's just too bad.