Top Gear Top Moment

lukenwolf

Car(s)
Alfa 145 2.0 Twin Spark 16V, dedicated ring toy
Maybe that has been done before, but since there's been a sort of nostalgia thing going on in the forums lately, I'll throw my idea in here - what was your absolutely favourite moment of Top Gear? I'm not neccessarily talking about the funniest, it may well also be the most emotional - as it was in my case.

These are my Top 3 moments of Top Gear ever :

3rd Place : Fiona Bruce and Kate Silverton's laps in the Lacetti, for the two of them going all girly in the car and still putting in some impressive laps in horrible conditions. Especially Kate announcing to go flat out into the Followthrough only to go WHHHOOOOAAAA :jawdrop: when doing so :lol:

2nd place : Episode 09x01 - the return of Hammond, just an epicly emotional moment.

The winner : The only ever moment of TG that made me shed a tear. When that battered Hilux came in after the 200 ft drop from the blown up apartement block to that great music, all smashed up and still refusing to die - that one had me on the verge of breaking down, god knows how often I watched that episode just for that moment of :cry:

What are your Top Gear Top Moments?

There are many, but I think my top 3 are these.

1. Jeremy wiping tears from his eyes at the end of the silverstone race. (I cried right along with him)

2. James' first car review. (His own Bentley)

3. The little movie looking back at the American road vacation at the end of the show and Jeremy's voice over of the same.

My all time favorite show up to this point is The Artic Trip.

1. The end of the Silverstone race.

2. The end of the Arctic challenge.

3. The news where Jeremy lost his voice.

Favorite show is probably the Silverstone show. It's the show that really got me hooked on Top Gear.

1: end of silverstone race

2: Come back of Hammond (9 X01)

3: May trying an 11 in the Caddy-V / Paul McKenna and Hammond in the Alfa 147 with 370 bhp. /

1- Bugatti v. Eurofighter. Fantastic filming, awesome sounds, amazing idea.

2- The end the of the newest American trip. Seeing the 3 cars on that empty road while they realize we finally made some good cars was really nice.

3- The moment they realized they actually have to sail across the English Channel. The looks on all three of their faces were priceless.

Of course, narrowing this down to 3 is nearly impossible.

- The news before they stopped doing news and just talked about random bs.

- The moment they opened the boxes in Vietnam, to find inches of money.
- Their faces when they realised it was worthless.
- The moment when Richard and James both had the revelation about buying bikes instead of cars.

The winner : The only ever moment of TG that made me shed a tear. When that battered Hilux came in after the 200 ft drop from the blown up apartement block to that great music, all smashed up and still refusing to die - that one had me on the verge of breaking down, god knows how often I watched that episode just for that moment of :cry:

I thought I was the only one...:p.

Let's see... during the trip to Japan, the looks on Richard and Jame's faces when Clarkson starts telling them about the monument etc...

The part in the episode in which they drive articulated lorrys where "Oliver" is set behind Hammond's lorry and he's biting his nails... "Oh, I just can't do it..." "Well, it was this or your dog" :lol:

Also, the really awkward hammond/may moment (while they are eating on the boat, racing jeremy's mercedes SLR) "Y'know, I've really enjoyed out day out together richard. It's not often I get to take someone out for a nice dinner" and then hammond sets his fork down and looks slightly scared at the camera... priceless.

Last edited:
-Hamster's return:cry:
-Hamster's torment over Oliver's near death:(...both of them
-"Hello":lol:
-The climax to the 'Nam Special
-The tunnel symphony in the search for the greatest driving road
-Jezza loses his voice
-The V8 Smoothie
-Richard talking to the deaf guy on the beach in 'Nam-just a really chilling moment
-The trip through the safari in the Espace
-Hamster vs. Paul McKenna
-The floating car (I just thought it was really cool)
-The Hilux

Please don't ask me to narrow them down...the effort might actually drive me insane..

More so...:?:mrgreen:

1.Hammond's return - the hug with Jeremy and the handshake with James; and Jeremy's tribute to Richard "you were very brave"

2. Aston, Porsche and BMW on the Isle of Man in the rain. Jeremy "my trousers are so wet" James "pull yourself together"; and James and the umbrella

3. The view of the Stelvio pass

Favourite episode - the trip across Botswana. 60 minutes of pure magic.

But it's impossible to pick just 3 moments; there are hundreds.

I can't think of just three...

-Ep. 03x03: Richard seeing what happens when you drive into a river, that really got me scared
-Ep. 03x09: James playing 'Jessica' for the first time on keyboard.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrzKG_e1XEo[/youtube]
-Ep. 08x02: The Top Gear trio hosting a radio-show
-Ep. 08x06: The caravan trip
-Ep. 09x01: The return of Richard
-Ep. 09x03: The American road-trip, especially the part when they're only allowed to eat what they find dead by the side of the road, and JC with the cow on the roof.
-Ep. 10x01: The most beautiful road in the world, loved it
-Ep. 10x03: JC and the Peel P50 in the BBC building
-Ep. 10x04: Botswana! Hammond and Oliver, and the part where Richard put a cow's head in his own tent believing it was James's tent.
-Ep. 10x05: Stig on the Tube reading the newspaper, priceless
-Ep. 10x09: All the emotions were really impressive
-Ep. 11x04: Bullet train vs GTR
-Ep. 12x02: The part when JC 'practises' when James is on the throne and Richard still asleep, and Jezza's interview with Will Young! There was some flirting going on there!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GEirS0BJN0[/youtube]
-Ep. 12x04: Stig enjoying himself in Blackpool
-Ep. 12x06: Jezza losing his voice and Richard and James teasing him, the Ford Fiesta review
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUmmkSG81NI[/youtube]
-Ep. 12x07: Top Gear Award for most embarrassing flirting on tv, 'hello'
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmBAIod43Y[/youtube]
-Ep. 12x08: All of it was epic

- don't know what episode it was, but the bit where they talk about Christmas presents, and JC really wants to have the lamborghini bauballs and James and Richard start smashing them
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9vV0ZR7hs[/youtube]
- The iReal, they've got something in England called the wheelchair
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tir27qgT5zg[/youtube]
- The second time Michael Gambon was SIARPC, hilarious interview
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYphMvZ6A7g[/youtube]
- Richard Hammond dancing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EM7Fx6dcmE[/youtube]
(what ep is that??]

Last edited:
- Richard Hammond dancing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EM7Fx6dcmE[youtube]
(what ep is that??]

S06E06, when they're on the ferry during the Epic McMerc SLR race. :)

My all time favorite show up to this point is The Artic Trip.

Same here.

My 3 moments are:

1. Jeremy's immediate reaction to the 9:59 time he posted in the Jaguar at the 'ring
2. The launch of the Reliant Robin Space Shuttle
3. Jeremy's ever so brief facial expression when Geri Halliwell told him she was pre-menstrual during her lap in the Liana:

JCHalli02.jpg

- don't know what episode it was, but the bit where they talk about Christmas presents, and JC really wants to have the lamborghini bauballs and James and Richard start smashing them

10x10, I think. Whichever one it was when they did the Christmas news that season.

I can't pick just three top moments, either. Favourite episode to date, on the other hand, is easy: Polar Special (with Vietnam and Botswana close behind).

4x02 ~ Hypnotized Hamster. Scripted or not, hilarious stuff, IMO.

4x03 ~ ?100 car challenge, with Richard's vocal stylings (if one could call them that ;)), because he didn't have a radio in his car.

5x02 ~ James's rant on Bill Bryson + the letter to Richard from "Stuart".

5x03 ~ Jeremy driving the Land Rover Discovery up to the top of a Scottish mountain.

5x04 ~ James and Richard in the woods at night in the Smart Forfour, being startled by the pizza delivery guy.

5x05? ~ Jeremy's response to his 9:59 lap in the Jag at the Nurburgring.

5x08 ~ Jezza passing James and Richard on the way to the finishing point in Verbier.

5x09? ~ The "car" made from appliances, and James pulling a pair of Jezza's shorts or whatnot out of the dryer wheel. (It was part of the "Cars from the Pacific Rim" segment)

6x03 ~ Rolls Royce in the swimming pool.

6x04 ~ James and Jeremy going through Richard's old stuff, and finding his photo card thingie from his Radio Lancashire days. ("D'Artagnian!")

6x06 ~ James and Richard at dinner on the ferry. Also: "I think I might have Norwegian wood!"

6x07 ~ Sabine trying to get the Ford Transit van around the Nurburgring in under ten minutes...and failing. Twice. Gawd, I wanted her to do it.

7x04 ~ James causing a traffic jam because his Maserati ran out of petrol, just coming into Slough.

8x01 ~ Convertible Renault Espace at the zoo with the monkeys. The Nissan Micra C+C "review".

8x02 ~ Hosting the drive-home show for BBC Southern Counties. (Even more hilarious when one listens to the entire thing, I think.)

8x06 ~ Richard meets the elderly overly-enthusiastic fan who whisks him and TeeGee into her tent.

9x01 ~ The Hamster returns! Also, the bit after they view the crash footage.

9x03 ~ Jeremy arrives at camp...with a cow on top of his Camaro.

10x01 ~ The Greatest Driving Road

10x03 ~ Peel P50 film.

10x04 ~ "Oliveeeeeeeerrrrrrr!", the cow's head in the tent, the combover, "You look like a gay cowboy; and you look like a gay terrorist."

10x05 ~ Race across London, especially Stig on public transport.

10x09 ~ 24-hour race at Silverstone.

10x10 ~ Stig in the pool, with appearances by Stigette(s?).

11x04 ~ The race across Japan.

12x04 ~ James's first track test in the Zonda. Stig in Blackpool.

12x06 ~ Jezza sans voice, having to rely on synthetic saliva. The Fiesta "road test".

Welcoming Richard Hammond back to TG.

End of BritCar 24 HR Race

End of 2nd American roadtrip:
"We've been ambitious, and for the first time, SUCCESSFUL!"

RH on the Ferrari Daytona:
"Watching the process of a man falling in love" (with the car)

James May's "Hello"

1. America(both)

2. Vietnam(all)

3. Ford Fiesta- Why cant all car reviews be filmed this well?

4. C63 vs. RS4 vs. Former Cock Central ;)

5.CLS55 AMG (love that sound!)

Last edited:
Oooh... Hammond's return. I left watching that until like the last one I downloaded, I was afraid I'd cry in it. I did.
Twelve by six, and the blender, oh the blender...
And when they had the 911, that bmw and the jag at pendine sands. In series four. I can watch it over and over and over again, that one.

It's such a hard pick but here goes, in no particular order:

Funniest: JC rocking up at the campsite with a cow on the roof of his Mustang and Richard telling him he has to "peel it". Thank God for Sky+ or I'd have missed the next 5 minutes I was laughing so hard.

Most Epic: Reliant Shuttle - I think they'll find it hard ever to top that.

Best Trip: Supercars to the Millau Bridge

Best Head to Head Challenge: RS4 vs Climbers

Best Race: Verbier and the 612 Scaglietti

Coolest "Entrance": Hammond arriving at Pendine in a C130

In Studio: V8 Blender

And I'm sure there's tons more I've forgotten.....

All of you that haven't included the Silverstone race somewhere in your posts are wrong.

:p